Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Large Scale RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Large Scale RC!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Gens Ace 4S 7200 and Venom Pro Duo?

Discussion in 'Large Scale RC Electronics' started by djmaincheese, Jul 7, 2017.

1. djmaincheese

djmaincheese New Member

I just bought 2 of the new Gens Ace 4S 7200mah packs. What do you recommend I set the Charger Amp rate to? I have the venom Pro Duo 80W X 2 but it does not go above 7.0A so if i understand correctly it will charge the batteries just below 1C Correct?
    Is it a decent charger or should I get something that can charge higher than 1C.
    I plan on getting some 4S 9200mah packs which will probably take forever to charge no?
    Thanks for your time

2. Crazykev

Crazykev New Member

You want a charger that will charge at 1C at the very least. I would charge them at 2C. A lot of the manufacturers that make the 2C capable batteries come with a disclaimer that charging the 2C lipos at less than 1C is bad for them. I use a Dynamite Passport Ultra Force touch which can charge a 4S battery at 15amps if needed.