Gettin the Race Runner EVO 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zouz10

So I placed the order yesterday at my LHS for the Race Runner :clap:
The guy calls me that afternoon and he said for $100 bucks more i can get the EVO 2 (don't exactly know what that means) but I am sure it is a little better. If anybody has any info on this I would appreciate it. From what he told me it comes with longer front suspension I believe.

Thanks in advance,
Z

there is a thread here about it, updated shocks and shock towers i think,
supposed to add better handling and shock tuning ability.

i seem to recall a few other nice changes mentioned on the EVO2

My LHS is not familiar with MCD, this will be their first, but they told me it was $90 extra dollars, so I am assuming it is the Sport and not the competition. They did tell me (from what the distributer said to them) that it had a longer suspension and the gears were different. I can't wait!!!! :)

Z

I see from your other threads on this forum you are proposing to fit an Elcon clutch and a Samba tuned pipe - both are excellent products. I have not tried the Elcon clutch in my MCD cars (I use lightened Zenoah clutches) but they are one of the most popular clutches used in the cars raced in the UK national series.

You will need to cut-out at least three of the side windows in the bodyshell and I would also recommend drilling holes in the front screen/window. The engine needs all the help it can get to keep the temperature down otherwise you will cook the engine with fatal results!

One of the best upgrades for all of the MCD cars is an alloy engine/gear carrier - not only does it act as a heat-sink but the transmission will be alot smoother. Infact I would say that this is essential if you plan to use a tuned (modified) engine.

Good luck with your new purchase.

Last edited:
Yeah I so want to buy that alloy transmission plate but I will have to mortgage the house to afford it. Over $200US for a small milled piece of alloy :eek:

But I can really see the benifit of that partas it should help with the gear mesh as well as providing cooling for the clutch and transmission bearings. It seems the larger piece is hard to come by as most places seem to stock the smaller lighter version.

BTW The EVO2 seems like a great buy for only $90 more.... I would jump on it.

Hey Monotheist
My Baja 1000 is about to arrive any day now, one of the first mods will be an alloy transmission plate. I have an engineering business and have been making custom parts for years now, if you like I can price one for you, will be a lot better than $200 US :eek: BTW I'm in Melbourne so postage won't be that bad

Hey chickenlips where do I sign?

Definitely interested in seeing what you can come up with. If your interested in getting your new Baja on the track (located in Sunshine) give me a yell and we will arrange to meet for a bash and a chat.

dgav,
thanks for all the helpful insight. I already ran the elcon clutch in my Baja 5b for months and was very pleased with the results. The samba pipe will be a big ticket purchase but I will have to invest in it for the stealth factor. About the alloy carrier I will also get one, but $200 is a little steep. I'll ask chicken lips if he is willing to make me one.

Chicken lips,
Can you put me on the list as well for one of those custom carriers please?

marderbeet,
I will eventually get the Baja 1000 body and fit it on the race runner. After all it is the same chassis. I always loved the buggy look I have 2 1/8 scale 4X4 and I wanted a 1/6 scale one for the longest time.

BTW: You guys have to see that movie/documentary called "Dust to Glory" about the baja 1000 race in Mexico, it was amazing. They have some really cool buggies and trophy trucks in there.

Sounds like a few people interested in the plate, let me see what I can do when the Baja turns up. Been thinking of doing some alloy beadlock wheels to fit Moab XL tyres with a square drive to fit the MCD
ek4beadlockwheel.gif

Hey there chickenlips. Those rims look vey nice. Hopefully they will be built super tough to withstand a tumble or 2 as the MCD' is no lightweight and a single wheel landing on a might throw a alloy rim out of whack. Lovin' the beadlock idea but don't think moabs would hold up very well as there too thin. Compare them to the stock MCD, SLD or FG tires and you will see what mean.

If you ever need someone local to test any of your cool new ideas you know where to find me....lol

baja

dgav,
thanks for all the helpful insight. I already ran the elcon clutch in my Baja 5b for months and was very pleased with the results. The samba pipe will be a big ticket purchase but I will have to invest in it for the stealth factor. About the alloy carrier I will also get one, but $200 is a little steep. I'll ask chicken lips if he is willing to make me one.

Chicken lips,
Can you put me on the list as well for one of those custom carriers please?

marderbeet,
I will eventually get the Baja 1000 body and fit it on the race runner. After all it is the same chassis. I always loved the buggy look I have 2 1/8 scale 4X4 and I wanted a 1/6 scale one for the longest time.

BTW: You guys have to see that movie/documentary called "Dust to Glory" about the baja 1000 race in Mexico, it was amazing. They have some really cool buggies and trophy trucks in there.

bajabam is going to this years race this thursday ill have him post some pics, hes with the penhall group i think,hell be following the racers on the hwys to the next pit stops, i wish i could go...but im married......with kids....and dog.....and no more vacation....:(

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks