Getting a exceed hannibal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kydo32

I am thinking of buying a Hannibal or rampage mt in my research I have found that both trucks have same parts also the redcat dunerunner has same shock towers and shocks both are the same as truck only thing is Hannibal has plastric gears but sends extras also the wheel base is longer on Hannibal and its 3 inches longer so if ya buy a Hannibal and need parts just get them off redcat instead trying deal with exceed I will. one thing I am wondering is if 2 speed transmission will fit hanibal plus one thing nice is gas tank is in the front not in back up under the exaust so can fill with gas well hot and no worrys of hitting anything hot

The hannibal chassis is different from the mt the chassis is a DR chassis thats why its longer and has the tank in the front of the motor as DR has and the roll bars Its really closer to the DR Dunne Runner then the MT just a truck body. The MT is a monster Truck All the parts for the hanibal you can not get from redcat because ther are some parts that are different but ther are some also that is the same. I know the MT is a beast I can not speak on the hanibal because I have never owned one but I did use to sell the exceed hanibal way back in the day when they first tried the 1/5 scale scene but there part support really sucked and they never kept parts in stock so I left them alone. The plastic gears are not that great the first redcat mt V1 was plastic gaers but from too many problems they switched to the metal gears which hold up better. I would just suggest you get a Redcat for way better part support and you know for a fact that the 2 speed will work on the redcat. I have a 2 speed installed on my MT and man its just a super carzy animal now!!!!!

ok so been doing a lot research and have few questions what size motor is your mt I see says 30cc on vs 3 ? does the steering and throttle servo have metal gears? what about a fail safe not binding come with it ? what all problems have you experienced since owning ? what about right after you got it?i noticed the rampage dunerunner is exactly the same as the exceed Hannibal do you think chassis would hold up to the large tires? I see a lot of good reviews of the rampage dunerunner so how will it hold up as a monster truck?what engine is in dunerunner again says 30cc hope I can find some answers so can help to fully make a decision especially all problems you have had. i heard dogbones give out easily ? problem I have there is nothing on exceed products and have a redcat dealer close bybut like the wider wheel base and the body of the Hannibal but it only has plastic gears and plastic servo gears I hope anyone can help me out thanks

Ok you answered alot of your own questions the MT comes with 30.5cc engine the MT is a beast out of the box all I have added to mine is a tuned pipe and a 2 speed. The dogbones do not break easily they are cvds and hold up well.

ok so the rampage mt comes with metal gears in all the servos? you say out box is a beast so I wouldn't have to worry about muffler right away thing worrys me is having the gas tank right under muffler have you heard of any problems with that set up? if I changed motor would gas tank be in the way or to close to exaust that's only reason I liked the exceed with gas in front away from exaust. on the kill switch will that work with radio that comes with the mt or do I need a 3 channel? when you were selling hannibals did you ever see one run I will probally take your advice cause Hannibal has a lot plastic parts where rampage has metal I want to hill climb mud bash and run in snow so think rampage would be my best choice or the redcat chimera? I can get rampage at my local hooby store for 699.99 or on ebay guy is selling brand new with redcat warranty and aluminum roll cage, cva's and upper front suspension arms for 739.99 which do you think would be better ?I see redcat warranty is on electronics for 90 days does that cover servos to or just the radio and receiver sorry so many questions just don't have a lot money to spend cause disabled and want make sure make right choice thanks

was wondering how is the take off on the rampage mt vs3 also my buddy has an older savage with 2.5 nitro motor and two speed tranny will the rampage be faster? about how fast is the rampage stock? also howis the catbox exaust does it give more power i don't like the dominater one cause way goes down side of truck what would you advise for a muffler preferable one goes out the back of truck?with engine in front of gas tank does it make it nose heavy? that should be about it for questions I appreciate your answers so much. is bottom chassis completely solid with no holes thinking of mudding and don't want a lot mud getting into any of the drive train .how is it on jumps? I really don't want have to buy a lot to switch truck around right away because of funds want get enjoyment out of it with out having to add abunch parts right awayif or when I do get truck is it wise to pack the differencals with grease or the motor gears to keep from stripping out any gears so they aren't metal to metal without lubercation anything else you can think of will be helpful thanks again

Its ok out of the box on take off the catbox will just add more toque on the bottom end but it not good at all from the mid to top end range the best pipe I have used on the MT is the jetpro rear mount pipe. The bottom chassis has to have holes or how would you screw the parts to the chassis?????? but after all the screws are in there are no holes. You will have to do several upgrades to go faster!!!! you are talking about a savage nitro you have 35 more pounds that you are trying to move to get up to speed so a upgrade of the carb, tuned pipe, 2 speed some adapters to run lighter tires, and ported motor.

so I don't need a 3 channel radio and can use kill switch on stock receiver

Last edited:
Well I geuss ill take your advice and go with the rampage mt over the exceed Hannibal hope making right choice found hobby shop 20 mins from me and he is going to do same as guy on ebay I get the truck,blue aluminum roll cage ,blue aluminum upper front suspension arms,and two steel cva's for 749.00 ill be putting up the arms but maybe run the rollcage if decided make all aluminum then ill use arms. now when I get it I know I have break truck down and do all screws with locktite ,would it hurt to pack gears in grease? what about doing same to the differentials ? I figured be less friction im new at this .I had a savage along time ago and did that to it .what size battery pack u run? .can stock radio use a killer switch or need 3 channel.is there anything else you think I need to know before I get it I really hope its the beast you say it is and has a lot power for stock so keeps me till have money to modify it.thanks for all help

Last edited:
it sucks having to ask questions about something somebody has and then not getting many answers whats a forum for then

Really!!!!! have other thing to do also!!!!!!!!!!!!! The person who sold it to you your hobby shop should have been able to answer all of these questions also!!! The kill switch will work with the stock radio in the 2 channel receiver and turn the radio off to kill the engine. The diffs comes with some thick grease I always change mine out for diff fluid for better handling. There is no need to grease the gears. The battery I use is the venom 6V 5000mah

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks