GGRRRR!!! Cars! (real ones!!)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doza28

So, after previous failed attempts to make the trip up to Brooklands due to Gf birthday shopping and illness, this one was going well!! Car was all packed last night. Lunch was made along with a Flask of coffee and plenty of warm clothes.
I was ready and raring to go.........

Car was not however. I got 2 MILES and noticed that my MPG gauge was not reading as it should. Typically i get 40-42mpg out of my little Clio Sport, and even during the warming up, i read high thirties, yet this was reading mid-high 20s..... not good. Working for a Renault tuner and Specilaist does help when you own a french car. Right away i was thinking Injector fault/Lambda Heater circuit fault or the beginnings of so i decided to drive it for a little further to see if it cleared itself. It didn`t so i turned round to come home. I could not risk a breakdown.

Annoyingly after giving it a bootfull, it coughed, sprang into life and then started to read normally. By this time, it was 7:15 and too late for me to make the 3 hour drive in time.

Wonderful.:mad:

It's a real shitter when "glitches happen" but have you noticed it's never when you're going shopping or to the vets to have the dog put down.
My old transit "camper" never let me down in 4 years going to race meetings but on the long trips to brookland and mendip "draughting" trucks was soooo boring but I did get 48mpg so it's not all bad.

It's a real shitter when "glitches happen" but have you noticed it's never when you're going shopping or to the vets to have the dog put down.
My old transit "camper" never let me down in 4 years going to race meetings but on the long trips to brookland and mendip "draughting" trucks was soooo boring but I did get 48mpg so it's not all bad.

lol, yup thats very true, NEVER happens on the way to the shops.... for the lady to buy yet another bag or pair of shoes to go with the 50+ that already take up space that could otherwise be taken up with `vintage` tamiya lol.
Yeah i am really wound up about it. I have spent so much time on it, taking advice from people like yourself and was desperate to give it a try on a proper surface.:(

I`ll just have to go play on my own again later!:)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks