Gluing foam inserts to the rim?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are talking 1/5th scale are we not Clubbin? I don't glue the foams to the rims just the tyres.Never had a problem with them yet.
J.
Yes, 5th scale HPI tires and rims, Hostile suggests that you glue the foams to the rims on the rear to keep the foams from expanding and tearing. I did glue the foams to the rims on my Hostile A/T's I mounted on my Baja 1000.

Just wondering if I did it rite, I have to do it again.

Hey clubin....I did the same thing...glue the foams to the rim...Like Hostile says
but I also wrapped duck tape over the foams to keep the foams from expanding..
and ballooning the tires.......Hostile won't warrenty a cut tire if you don't glue the foams
.......Slawhammer

i do not glue my foams and i run by buggy summer winters :2guns:

never had a problem and i can reuse my foams when get new tires :cool2:

i don't glue either, i fit the faom on the rim, and use duct tape, two layers, with overlap in center. use a hairdryer to get them to STICK really good. then take the foam off the rim, stuff it in the tire, lineing up the mounting tabs, then slip the rim back in from the rear of the tire, again lineing up the mounting points, flip the tire over the inner lip on the rims, and mount the front then rear beadlock.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks