Good Marder Tire Setup?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It depends on where you are planning on running your Marder... Those would be good for a grass field or in dirt, but would completely suck on pavement! :lol:

Good to see you are thinking about keeping your Marder!

Trip..

I have similar tires as the narrow tires in that link, I have only one set of V's, (same tires as Dwarfy) I get great traction in the grass and dirt. Maybe a little too much traction!

fg baja tires or even a set of nutech tb2 tires. while I haven't driven the baja yet, the tb2 tires are a lot like crime fighters for 8th scale and those are always a pretty versatile dirt tire

I have similar tires as the narrow tires in that link, I have only one set of V's, (same tires as Dwarfy) I get great traction in the grass and dirt. Maybe a little too much traction!

Definitely too much traction!! I will be trying the baja wheels & tyres as soon as funds are available. My theory is they will allow the back end to slide round corners rather than digging in.

That's what your throttle finger is for, hammer the gas Son, she'll swing the back end around! If that doesn't work, pack your diff... She'll slide then!

Ive tried hammering the throttle and it gets all excited and rolls over to have its belly tickled just like a puppy :lol::lol:

hi mate

i've just got those wheels & tyres and they are perfect,the rears give better grip and because they are wider seem to push around the corners,the front dig in realy well..

phil

Ours do too, they dig in so well the buggy rolls! Mine rolls in snow!

ever since i put alloy arms on mines never rolled,i think it because its wider,my standard marder rolls even when the engine not running........................phil

an rear anti-roll bar sorted my back end out and stopped it cartwheeling. but now it doesn't bite so much in corners. When life calms down (it's nuts at work, just booked the reception venue for my wedding, and grandma is in hopital heading for teh white light) I'm going to play about with all of th epossible set up uptions that I can think of to try and sort the grip roll without the anti-roll-bar (camber and tow in mostly I think, possibly balloon springs and shock oil too)

What was the handling difference with the sway bar installed? Does it grab less in the grass? I put the sway bar from my MT onto my buggy, but with the snow on the ground I can't run it.

an rear anti-roll bar sorted my back end out and stopped it cartwheeling. but now it doesn't bite so much in corners. When life calms down (it's nuts at work, just booked the reception venue for my wedding, and grandma is in hopital heading for teh white light) I'm going to play about with all of th epossible set up uptions that I can think of to try and sort the grip roll without the anti-roll-bar (camber and tow in mostly I think, possibly balloon springs and shock oil too)

I done the balloon springs on the back and a front anti roll bar on advice from Rossendale Models and it made a big difference over the std set up. I put new FG2000wt shock oil in before my last outing last weekend and that improved it again - never had 1 grip roll :D Probably just taking it easy tho cos not been out with it for a while :rolleyes:

it grip rolls way way less than it used to, even with mammoth tyres on it. it just has horrendous understeer on power. So I think if I play with the set up I may be able to take the sway bar off the back to hep a little. I've also just filled by diff with grease and sealed it with silicone, which should help

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks