Good shock options for Baja other than IRC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danzzz88

So what is the best performing shock option that will fit a Baja other than IRC...I've bought the IRC shocks already and I have to say I'm not impressed. I've not even ran them yet and all the coloured anodising is already rubbing off and they look tatty just from cycling the suspension and having them lying around in a tool box of parts...the shock shafts have rusted just leaving them in a garage for a couple of years, the spring paint seems to chip easily...but aside from the fact they look well used when I haven't even ran them yet which is shocking in itself they have always had loads of friction even from new. I'm used to quality parts on my RC's like Xray etc where fit, fi is and function is superb...this baja build has been nothing but a nightmare of aftermarket so called top quality' stuff not fitting, incompatability, grinding needed etc which ultimately I have managed to get to work in the end but these shocks just seem like a total waste of money. The cosmetic durability is terrible and the smoothness of operation is the worst I have ever come across in my whole time doing RC.

So what other options do I have that will fit?

I'm looking at:

Losi 5ive shocks (original or otherwise)

MCD RR5 shocks

Vekta front shocks all round

Or any other suggestions for a high performing shock that will fit and be strong enough to take the weight of a big bore Baja build.

I did think of getting the silver shock bodies for the IRC shock and noticed some people appear to have black shafts on theirs now so maybe they have better shafts that are smoother and don't corrode? This would be the cheapest option but I still don't see how this will fix the terrible friction of these shocks and the fact they don't even have proper O ring seals in the bottom of the shock body.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks