Good to see RCMK making improvements to the car.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Song5th

May be his is something ordinary for 5th scales, but it's good to see a manufacturer continuously and prove its components in a car.
Looks like that drive shaft dog bone now has a replaceable pin. My car stock equipped driveshaft did not have it.
Also the center diff gear looks more lightened than before.

See attached pictures
20180117_211150.jpg

20180117_211317.jpg

20180117_211336.jpg

Here is the center spur and diff after only 6 tanks. Spur and pinion mesh is too loose.

The diff oil looks more like black oil. Lots of metal here. Also the spur and pinion mesh is not great so I ground down the washer to I can get the mesh closer.

d26b48854b2f9293d1b9bd3a92b58b19.jpg

48d1dd3b64dedd06b4677ba75b21d045.jpg

2e455f2fbaea1c5548e0b50d9b271859.jpg

As long as there is no binding, it will usually look that way the metal gear shavings.

In fact on many production cars, in this case Subaru, there will be metal shavings when changing the motor oil, and the reason why many transmission oil pans have a magnet.

I would highly consider getting CNC diff housings, they help a lot on gear tear and wear, plus there is more metal for heat to dissipate.

Try to have any available brace that minimizes chassis flex and motor from moving even a slightly. On the X2, thats how it all started, until I did a high jump and it ate up the engine pinion gear, it literally blew up clutch ball bearing and spitted out the pinion from the bell. Must admit I got too carries on doing jumps.

Shim the diff gears before putting any new oil.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks