GTB 2 speed BUSTED AGAIN!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PHR

The 3rd one way bearing busted today. This one also only lasted 10 min.
Now I removed the 2 speed system - fused the second gear, removed the first gear, just left the bearing in. Works GOOD!!

Gday Troy, yip the last three were SKF. The first one lasted about 18 months - but that was with the 26 ZEN. That engine I seized when I put my 990 carb on and ASSUMED it was factory set,(it was to lean) my stupid mistake.
Then I upgraded to a 30.5 ESP from Dave(same as in my T) and the trouble started. The mesh is set up first class. The only explanation I can think of is the torque difference!
Whats your take?

I think your right with the torque theory
Maybe go with a OBR or BSW two speed setup much better quality and can handle any torque

Troy

I am cured - single speed from now on. Not putting the 2 speed in the "T", keeping it as spares for the "B". Or should I say - whats left of it.
The "T" has become the bashing Baja- standard gear ratio.
The "B" will be used when there is big open space as it is running only on the GTB 2nd gear. You must see this thing move when full power kicks in!

I am cured - single speed from now on. Not putting the 2 speed in the "T", keeping it as spares for the "B". Or should I say - whats left of it.
The "T" has become the bashing Baja- standard gear ratio.
The "B" will be used when there is big open space as it is running only on the GTB 2nd gear. You must see this thing move when full power kicks in!

I also hate my 2 speed transmission since day 1! First of all its so heavy on my clutch eating it on the process and second of all 5 out 6 times it shifts in to the second gear it neutralizes itself untill i let go of the gas once i punch it again it engages. I hate the system so its out of my truck and in with the regular gearing from now on.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks