Happy New Year!!???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope everyone has great fortune in the new year. About to head out to the train and bring my son to watch the ball drop in NYC for the first time. 1.5m people expected so should be a great time while being rather miserable too. Have a great evening everyone.??????

Hope everyone has great fortune in the new year. About to head out to the train and bring my son to watch the ball drop in NYC for the first time. 1.5m people expected so should be a great time while being rather miserable too. Have a great evening everyone.??????
At least it won't be one of the "coldest on record years." I read somewhere that once you get there the police won't let you leave. I heard people where adult diapers because the port potty's are way out and crowded? Keep us posted on your experience??

I tended bar for 13 years. I was on shift every NYE. We always referred to it as "amateur night".

The one time I went out drinking on NYE, I ended up at a strange house wearing someone else's pants. To this day, I still don't know the entire story! ?

I no longer tend bar, and I avoid them like the damn plague on NYE :LOL:

But I certainly hope everyone going out tonight has a complete blast, and makes it home safe! Preferably in your own pants.

And don't forget to tip your bartender for putting up with the insanity! ? ? ? ?

At least it won't be one of the "coldest on record years." I read somewhere that once you get there the police won't let you leave. I heard people where adult diapers because the port potty's are way out and crowded? Keep us posted on your experience??
Im not sure if you're stuck in the area once there, never tried to leave before the ball drop. As for the bathroom situation, its dreadful, alot of people just go in the street, but thats kinda a every day thing in NYC. I can't count the number of times my tires have been pee'd on in the city. Every once in awhile you will also see a turd, especially up in Harlem or the quieter areas of the city. People definitely struggle with the bathroom issue. Overall the experience is good, never had a terrible time, and have gone atleast 10 times. The crowds can be a bit much, but I've never tried to get to close to the ball where the crowd if absurd. I'd recommend the experience to anyone who can make it, atleast go once. Just be smart and take the train. I drove once, a normal 2 hour ride home was almost 5 hours. Ill never make that mistake again. Also don't get real drunk, it gets very expensive when you booze it up in the city. Well its 3am and just got back home, happy new year all!???

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks