Harmless induction roar or something more sinister

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FG ONICS

my engine seems to be making a farting noise constantly even when the clutch & gears are connected up, has only started doing it after the flywheel incident, there are no cracks in the head that i can see its loudest around the air & fuel intake point, i have a video not that is much help but it might be, i have got photo of where the noise is loudest! it moves & pulls fine, as in the 3 wheel video...

here it is running without the music on 3wheels, & yes it did one hell of a back fire lol

Heres the pic of where its coming from

c166a06d.gif
behind the carb & mounting brakcket is where its loudest!

could it be the stock 26cc exhaust doing it? as its like 30.5cc engine

Any help is greatfully appreicated :cup-1:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi mate it sounds like a normal 2 stroke to me, but if theres a back fire you may have a air leak some where..... maybe carbie or head gasket!

oh... so i got my new pipe today put it on, and did something i usaully don't do.. i checked the spark plug whilst idleing & there is grey fluid bubbeling up? WTF?? could this be the fartign noise? it wasnt making any noise tho?

Coughs...
Sorted i had put a bolt longer than the one required so it had pushed the inlet manifold up off the gasket slightly
ive now put the correct bolt in & second hand gasket & it appears to be hunky dory, still farting but nowhere near as much

You should spray some wd40 or carb cleaner around the carb area and make sure its sealed. If there is air being sucked in and out dirt will enter the engine.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks