Has anyone painted their own Losi DBXL body panels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smokes78

Has anyone painted their own body panels. I was cleaning mine and started stripping the paint screened crap off lol. Now I’m thinking about stripping them all and painting myself. Would I just use a stripper and then regular rc body paint?

Good luck with that. If it was done right it was painted form the inside. Any chemical you use to strip the paint you'll need to do a test spot to see what it does to the lexan. It would be easier to paint the panels from the outside. But after the first crash it will look like shite. Would be easier to just buy a new body and paint it or just run it the way it is.

Brake fluid worked ok. Lots of soak time needed. Stay away from any hard core paint strippers, they don't keep the plastic nice. And remember it will most likely fog up the lexan.

Which means when you go to paint it, it's going to look like crap. Smoke buy another body . You're better off that way. There is no doing this hobby cheaply unfortunately.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks