Has anyone put a reed case engine in a MCD w5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCD dood

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone out there has put a reed case engine in a MCD w5, I was wondering if the air filter will still fit seeing the air intake stack will be a little longer because of the reed block

Yes I was thinking that I would need a shorty , something like the one in the picture
Yeah I was hoping that some other people must have reed case engines in there MCD,
Yes I was thinking that I would need a shorty , something like the one in the picture

Attachments

• af301af302.jpg
    af301af302.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Cool , nice rig there bud, now I know that you can use the MCD air filter set up, thanks heaps buddy ???

I am slightly aroused.
Sorry I didn't C the 34 on top of the first picture, to busy drooling over your buggy MMM O so sweet, I've have about another 3 weeks to wait for my baby to arrive in Australia from Turkey, & time is ticking away bloody slowly ???, thanks again for your very helpful info

I'm putting a 30.5cc reed case rooster tail engine in the truck, I went with a Aussie based manufacturer, save on shipping , I read lots of good reviews on roster tail engines, was going to get a full mod 34 , but was told that the MCD barracuda tuned exhaust pipe will restrict & smothere a 34cc tuned engine, as they are made for 26cc to 29cc, I can only find two after market pipes on line for MCD, Booster pipes, & a samba pipe on eBay, how does your 34 go with the barracuda pipe

I'm putting a 30.5cc reed case rooster tail engine in the truck, I went with a Aussie based manufacturer, save on shipping , I read lots of good reviews on roster tail engines, was going to get a full mod 34 , but was told that the MCD barracuda tuned exhaust pipe will restrict & smothere a 34cc tuned engine, as they are made for 26cc to 29cc, I can only find two after market pipes on line for MCD, Booster pipes, & a samba pipe on eBay, how does your 34 go with the barracuda pipe
Like a raped ape? And sounds phenomenal with the pipe. Here's a 26 efra roostertail in my xr5. I didn't need to do the mod for it and you should be good too I believe. 20201009_180505.jpg20201009_180246.jpg20201009_180252.jpg20201007_170919.jpg

That's awesome, U have me thinking hard about the full mod 34cc with a reed case, good to know that the barracuda doesn't restrict it at all, thanks again buddy, sorry for asking so many questions of U. Your xr5 looking ooo so sweet to, handles like a rocket sled on rails, from what I've read on line, thanks again bud

That's awesome, U have me thinking hard about the full mod 34cc with a reed case, good to know that the barracuda doesn't restrict it at all, thanks again buddy, sorry for asking so many questions of U. Your xr5 looking ooo so sweet to, handles like a rocket sled on rails, from what I've read on line, thanks again bud
I'm not saying it may not be restricting it but if it is I would love to see it with a 34 tuned pipe? Maybe I'll try it with my losi 5b olimat

Look's like a real Off road weapon, very nice, but can't identify the make & model

I'm not saying it may not be restricting it but if it is I would love to see it with a 34 tuned pipe? Maybe I'll try it with my losi 5b olimat
That wood b interesting to see if you notice any difference between the two, I was told by the Damien at rooster tail, believes that the barracuda pipe would restrict a 34cc, that's y I decided on the 30.5, hard to find aftermarket pipes for MCD, do U know of any others besides the ones I've mentioned

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks