hay guys new engine, hpi 26cc ss, is this good??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

new-fg-owner

hay guys i bagged myself as said int he title a hpi ss 26cc engine with a racing clutch, tuned air filter or something and oneil racing bags to keep it clean all for £70 its had five thanks through just to run it in by the person i bought it from. Is this a good engine to put in my FG touring car?
At the moment i have a 30cc engine conversion in it so i dunno what the benifits would be any advice on whats best and if i got a bargin i think i did? thaaanks guys

here's a list of everything i got with the engine

- Standard Carburetor
- TGN Redneck Dualstage Air Filter
- Outerwears Black Airfilter Pre-Filter
- Outerwears Black Crankcase/Flywheel Cover
- Outerwears Black Pullstart Filter
- KillerBee Kill Switch Cable

- HPI Baja SS Clutch

from what i saw when i was thinking about buying the engine they cost like £270 new so i was like wow and then the extras on it i was like ya thats awesom for the price. i dunno what will get me better top speed and accelration this 26cc sport engine or my ported 30cc engine in my touring car hmm

sorry to piss on your fire mate but any second hand engine listed as only running a few tanks of fuel through it you can at least double that and the stock 26cc fuelie is just a cy clone its the first thing that hpi owners ditch for a better engine your 30cc ported engine will outperform this in everyway going plus there not the best thing for on road cars you would be better off with a stock 23cc zenoah just my opinion

In a stock baja those motors are pretty peppy not the fastest but good You didn't get a good deal tho I've seen them go for $100 U.S. brand new no telling what 5 tanks= but yeah you should be good for a FG/TC....

I dunno if i explained it wrong its a hpi baja fuelie 26s engine, i dunno if that makes a difference from what i said, they all semd to be £265 on google etc. ah confusing

I dunno if i explained it wrong its a hpi baja fuelie 26s engine, i dunno if that makes a difference from what i said, they all semd to be £265 on google etc. ah confusing
Ya thats not the greatest deal,but you did get a $60 killswitch with the deal right,so you will be alright.

yaa i got a killerbee with it which ya is pretty good, i annoyingly bought a killerbee a few months ago lol, just means i have two now haha doh. yikes a man so what is not so good about the engine? of course i belieive you guys because you been doing this for years. how come they cost so much eeks?

oh i just started another thread in the general rc section, been looking at at contrast neox 2011 for around 1k n dunno if its a good deal its got a oddified diff and engine.

when i first started 1/5 scales i brought a tuned zenoah from ebay same story only had a few tanks blah blah i paid over a ton for it turned out to be junk wouldnt run for poop ended up breaking it down for bits sold most on but i was gutted and leant a big lesson when somebody says its only run a few tanks double it the add a few more newbies are a sellers dream they will buy any old crap thats written up well

hey guys yaa i dunno i just went abit like ahh engine it looks good buy, i have got into the bad need to buy upgrades addiction lol. i keep buying more bits n more cars n ill end up spending a fortune ahhh. lol but ya i have heard on here 23cc is better for touring cars. what kind of speed top end can you get out of a 29cc converted zenoah roughly compared to a 23cc zenoah thanks everyone

There is nothing wrong with a stock HPI 26. I ran one for over 7 gallons and was running fine when I took it out to put a ported engine in it. I never did a thing to it. The HPI engine is not a CY clone it is made by CY! It will run really well with a good pipe matched to the engine.

my hpi cy 26 s motor crapped out after 5 tanks of gas so they are hit and miss. as 46u says there are good ones like he had and junk ones like i own.

I have run 3 different CY engines in my baja. The stock one and two I built out of new parts a 32.5 and 28.5 and never had a problem with any of them.

I am collecting parts to build 2, 4 bolt motors one with new Zen cases and one with new CY cases but all will be running Zen cylinders. Both sets of cases I have $50 for both the CY and Zen cases.

mickey if you HPI CY engine was new you should have had no problem getting HPI to replace it.

heey guys thanks for your posts and experiences with the engine makes me feel slightly better in my buy lol. I have ya the hpi engine plus one i got with a second hand carson with its stock carson 23cc engine. not sure which engine to run in my other car, cheaper one ive built from carson parts and an fg comp chassis. might just try both. i haven't fired up either yet lol. i got another spare comp chassis actually might build a third car :)

heey guys thanks for your posts and experiences with the engine makes me feel slightly better in my buy lol. I have ya the hpi engine plus one i got with a second hand carson with its stock carson 23cc engine. not sure which engine to run in my other car, cheaper one ive built from carson parts and an fg comp chassis. might just try both. i haven't fired up either yet lol. i got another spare comp chassis actually might build a third car :)

The 23cc would be better in a touring car and the 26cc in your off road project.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks