Head manufacturer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unknown460

Hi guys, i've bought a second hand FG MT for someone else and stripped the engine out, as everythings ditched. I was led to believe it was a zenoah (this sounds familiar for me!) . The bottom end does look like it is a zenoah as it has a g260 sticker on the side by the flywheel & zenoah pullstart, though the head has no usual markings other than ' 2070 ' and i'm wondering if anyone has any idea what head this is, or where it came from please :confused:

I also bought it as it had a jetpro pipe on it, (know nothing about exhausts on these) from the jetpro site i'd say it was the marder pipe.....any good? i have plans for accidentally putting it on my own MT :ph34r:
(edit) actually its the same one that shortfuse206 is selling in the market place!

Cheers for any help

James

Last edited:
Ah! thanks pipeous :clown: i hoped it was something decent, just thought there'd be 'zenoah' on the head which was why i was worried (thats a lot of w's...:blink:)
would it be sensible to put a new head gasket on, and possible ring, as i don't know what oil they've been using so i can clean it all out and i guess, once its done, it won't need doing for a fair while..?

Thanks again

James

Last edited:
ya I looked and the 270 has zenoah but the 260 didn't. makes it awful confusing to figure out what you have sometimes.

I have an old solo. never done a thing to it since I got it used. if the motor runs and has compression, go play. replace the head and such when it's time for a rebuild

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks