Hello guys 2nd Day owning Losi 5ive T 2.0 advice needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GirthBrooks

I am very new to this hobby what I would call a complete Novice/Rookie in every sense , my car is running and it is quite the thrill , with that being said when it comes to fuel and oil I went and bought VP Racing Fuels 40-1Mix just the plain Ole Gallon can from Wilco farm store . And I put 1 single ounce of Castor 927 in it mixed it and ripped it it appears to run amazing did not over heat no issues my question is , can I run the just 40:1 or should I continue to put 1 ounce of Castor 927 in every gallon of the VP Racing Gas ? It is a special engine 40cc. My friend gave me the engine and took out the stock one, as I am not keen on turning the wrench on a RC (ignorant who am I kidding I don't now how) >>
he did tell me the engine is a discontinued Bartolone 40CC engine

Id keep adding the oil 40:1 is lean on oil
I run 32:1 and it's ok but I usually add a bit extra oil when I'm mixing and I haven't had any issues
you don't want to burn that engine up!

Run the recommended 25:1 it's not hurting anything. Also I ran castor 927 in all my rigs and boats and that stuff is great with lubrication.
Alright much appreciated I will get some pics tossed up for you gentlemen after work today are we allowed to post Video? I was going to post some photos since the fella above asked but also perhaps a video of it running/idling as I need additional help tuning I believe the idle is perhaps a tad bit high but I couldn't very well be completely wrong as stated above I am a novice when it comes to this, my first week owning it ain't even over yet haha
25:1 due to the rpm’s. Let’s see pix of that beast.
Will do today after work is over man !! 🙆‍♂️

so these came with it I bought this thing used for 700 bucks I feel like it was a amazing deal !! Idk what the parts are I mean they look like LOSI rims I'm assuming and some Polished nice steel arms or something 🤔 and a basic antenna thing
25:1 due to the rpm’s. Let’s see pix of that beast.
It also appears to not have a kill Switch but I ran it 2 days ago with ZERO issues does my antenna thing compatatable with a kill switch?

Attachments

• 20220422_181956.jpg
    20220422_181956.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 20220422_182047.jpg
    20220422_182047.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 16
  • 20220422_182102.jpg
    20220422_182102.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 20220422_182127.jpg
    20220422_182127.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 16
I think you mentioned on Facebook you were running Nitro in this car and it had tons of power.
Yes I was incorrect I didn't understand Nitro meant it has methane in it as I am new to this also engine has been taken out by My friend he put a older engine it it with a larger displacement my name is Christopher Caley I had recently posted on the Losi owners FB page 😀
I think you mentioned on Facebook you were running Nitro in this car and it had tons of power.
I have probably posted 4 or 5x in the last 2 days asking a multitude of questions until I realized there is a actual forum like this where I can get help I AM STOKED

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks