help charger info

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alsopal

hello guys nedd some info on my charger..its a bmi ultrpeak4a charger...was just wondering which amps to choose and why for charging..its got 1,2 or 4amps...thanks..as it came with my second hand marder there was no instructions so any help would be goooood

i run the MAH rating for charge, ie 2200 pack gets 2.2 amps
4000 pack gets 4amps. 3600 pack will get 3.6 amps.

i do this for my NiMH and LIPO packs.

charger ampage

hello...i have 3 batteries..a Hobbypro1800mAh(Ni-Cd)..Sanyo2400mAh(Ni-Cd)..and a VP3700Mah(NiMh)...but the charger does either 1,2,or 4 amps...but what does the amps mean...is one faster than the other does one last longer than the other is one better for your batteries life span etc...the 1800hobbypro one came with my hobbypro super chief its well used but works ok.. the Sanyo2400 came with my marder only used it once or twice seems ok tho and the VP3700..is brand new not usedor charged it yet...thanks guys

Last edited:
I've used 2 amps on all batteries and never had a problem.I also have 4 amp LiPo's which I charge @ 0.8 amp which in my mind is a safe charging power for such volatile batteries.
James.

man take it from me all those chargers are a waste of time they take too long,i have tried loads of chargers and the one i use now is a peek detecting unit from traxxas,it is a quick charger that is cappable of fully charging a 4500mah battery pack in 30mins,and has a flashing light on it to tell you it is full......

it is excellent,and cheap,comes stock with most revos and t-maxas....best charger i have ever had.

man take it from me all those chargers are a waste of time they take too long

A battery is only as good as its charge. Charging too fast or incorrectly for the type of battery you have can damage the cells and lessen it's life. In the end, there is only so fast you can charge any battery.:)

no these charge correctly btb,like i say a peek detecting charger,it keeps charging untill it is full.

i have been charging my 1/5th batterys now for a long time and my batterys have very good holding power,i could easily get two days running power from a single charge,no joking!!

it is a great charger.

ok T...i see your saying your charging at 2.2 and 3.6 amp...but like i said the charger only does 1,2,0r4 amps...wots the difference with ampage...not gonna use the 3700nhmi yet thats really a backup just incase the others were bobbins as they came with the cars...but to be fair there not to bad just want to get the best possible life/performance out of them...i don't mind the charger either it also seems to work ok..thanks guys

It's possible to charge a battery too fast and cause it to overheat and vent, thus reducing it's capacity in the long run. Hence I use a decent charger which keeps track of voltage and temp during the charge process, and also why I charge a pack at a low'ish amperage setting. :)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks