Help me find some tires!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sperera

Wondering if someone could help me find the tires im looking for for my FG Baja.

Ive got the wheel wizards adaptors and run desperado rims and current bow tie tires. Im wanting to change these.

I think what will best before in the conditions I run on are the dirt busters ( i think these are the stock HPI 5B rears) but I need the thick pair for the rear and a thin pair for the fronts, being 4wd I want to keep them the same pattern.

I was also thinking maybe I could run 5t tims with some excavators or something but discovered this weekend that they have a different diameter and worried this might be too much strain on my engine.

Ive already lowered the stock gearing on the FG from standard.

What do we think?

i would suggest you run 5T rear wheels all around and Hostile Crushers. maybe use SilverBack RC Rims and Beadlocks, and stock HPI 5T foams.

i don't think these are too heavy compared to the current tor stock wheels your running. also, they will offer much better traction and side bite, as well as overall durability. you wont wear Crushers out anytime soon, and you can get a few differnt firmnesses, but the carcasses are al the same thickness.

anoher option would be the Hostile MTX for the 5T. these are a bit heavier tire.

yet, another option would be 5B front rims with Hostile Hobby Front Mini MX tires with Hostle Hobbys Front Dual Material Foams.

the 5T tires are Taller, so it will take some of your low end away, but be fater overall in MPH/KPH. you can gear down a bit to regain some low if it seems to be too much of a low end loss.

Last edited:
thanks for the info timmahh but what about the diameter of 5t wheels? do you think this would affect bottom end allot?

I like the hostile but I cant find ones that will fit on the fronts? I need same tread pattern front to rear because its 4WD

http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.6114/.f

Hostile Hobby V2 Front Mini MX tires (these fit 5B or 5T front Rims (you need 5B front foams as well. i HIGHLY Suggest buying a set of the Hostile Hobby Fron Foams for the 5B as well)

These are the All Terrain Front tires for the 5B (same goes for the foams)
http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.5914/.f

Hostil Hobby 5T Crusher Tires,
http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.7353/.f
you have to choose the Front Tires. You can use 5B or 5T front rims for these, and will need to use HPI Front Molded Foams for them.

and these are the Hostile 5T MTXs. again, you ll need to choose the Front tire, and can use 5b or 5T front rims, just need to use the HPI Foams.

Any HPI or equivalent beadlock will fit. I suggest you use the Silver Back RC Lipped outter (on both front and rear wheels) and SilverBacks inner BL rings, as like the Hostile Tires, they are simply the best available.

thanks for the info Timmah, ive desided to get the hostile, to suit 5B rims as I already have those so less expensive that way. ill just run the stock foams that came with these and see how I go.

thanks

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks