Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Large Scale RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Large Scale RC!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Help Needed

Discussion in 'HPI Baja' started by sbarham, Jan 10, 2018 at 7:50 PM.

1. sbarham

sbarham Member

Ok I'm new to the 1/5 scale scene. I just bought a used HPI Baja 5T and I just plan on doing some bashing and hooking it up a bit. The guy I bought it from also got it second hand and wasn't sure what size the motor was. There is a 34 under the head of the motor so I was wondering if it was a 34cc. How can I tell what size the motor is? I will also have a ton more questions in the future for sure. Thanks in advance for any help.

2. MARLEY76

MARLEY76 Well-Known Member

hi sbarham wecome to the forum and 1/5th scale world... tbh m8 not sure my self as im a year into running these beast lol. only way i can think of is takeing the cylinder head off and messure the piston.. might be a good time to to see wot the engines insides like as its second hand twice... the rebuild kits are pretty cheap n easy to do if you do have to repair the head.. and dnt hesitate to ask any questions buddy ...

3. vadn1

vadn1 Well-Known Member

What you have is a 2.54cm engine,

http://www.zenoah.co.jp/int/products/hobby-engines/compare-hobby/?nid=378184,378182,378180,378178,378176,679934

MARLEY76 likes this.
  4. Phill2

Phill2 Well-Known Member