Help! Rear axle problems!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kind of.. Well, no.. I know where it goes and how to do it, but the thing won't budge! I have undone the grub screw and it won't slide back across? Anything you recommend?

it may well of spun on the layshft causing a little bit of damage to the layshaft which will be grabbing the square no big deal ive had this problem myself just needs some force to free it up try tapping it back gently from the pull start side with a long flat screwdriver or something just watch the disc's

its a pain to get to i know you may have to go at a angle but heating may well do the job its all worth a try if it saves you having to tear down the arse end of the car

it will get hot lol

id try and heat the square as its alloy and wont need as much heat to expand which may help you slide it back in to place but again be carefull you don't set it on fire lol or damage the disc's or other plastic parts around that area

Have tried to heat it, still can't get it to budge.. When you push the truck forward the diff slips and the axel moves inside the alloy block, so it's not jammed, but needs a heck of a lot of force to get it back

Not persued any further, am going to spend a day on it on Thursday when I'm off work and take the ass end of it apart. Cheers for everything pal, means a lot :) who's the man?.. Your the man!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks