Help to get more L/R turning - DBLE-2.0 I am open to anyone's suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parcou

I have a DBXL-E 2.0...I need some advice

Issue:
I cannot get full or acceptable L/R turns.

I use a DX5C. I am not new to setting a servo, but this 1/5 is new to me. I have played with:
  • I placed the servo as center as I could get for the wheels
  • I have played with the "sub trim"
  • I have played with the "travel"
  • Setting the sub trim to 12R (travel at 100/100) will give me somewhat even turns, but they very wide
  • If I do not use the sub trim and just play with the "travel," I get a tight turn in one direction but wide in the other
I test my turns/settings in a wide open lot so I can see how it circles:
  • Do I need a better servo. I have - Power Hobbies Powerhobby 701MG 1/5 70kg Waterproof High Speed Torque Metal Gear 5th Scale
  • I never used a servo with two arms. The holes on the servo horn were the only ones I could reach to the Ackerman it was tight getting seated. There are 3 positions
  • Do I need a separate servo for left/right for better turning
1716949628147.png

Can you take a video? Also are the links hitting the servo at any point when you try to turn full lock? Take the horn off and turn the steering by hand in either direction at full lock, will the servo horn line up to the servo meaning doest the screw line up with the hole? I know the splines won't line up but atleast it will show you if the travel is binding. That servo is plenty strong ypu don't need anything stronger, also check your servo saver as the servo is stronger and may be tripping the spring tension.

Can you take a video? Also are the links hitting the servo at any point when you try to turn full lock? Take the horn off and turn the steering by hand in either direction at full lock, will the servo horn line up to the servo meaning doest the screw line up with the hole? I know the splines won't line up but atleast it will show you if the travel is binding. That servo is plenty strong ypu don't need anything stronger, also check your servo saver as the servo is stronger and may be tripping the spring tension.
Thx for the reply

I will see what I can do about what you posted as best I can. Two quick questions:

1. How do others tighten up the servo saver? I have done this with Arrma Kraton rigs by adding washers to make it tighter. Is it the same.

2. Do I need two arms? Can I get away with one arm on the servo like when it came in stock? Is there a big advantage if the servo is strong enough to do it with one arm/single servo horn?

There is a spring where I drew the arrow pointing, you need go wind it in more for more pressure. The right way to do it is pull the steering assembly off and tighten it but the easiest way is to tighten it on the cae. Unfortunately you will make the collar look like crap because you need to use pliers as your fingers won't be able to spin it.

You can do a single linkage that's not a problem, push pull just kinda helps the servo to not work as hard.

There is a spring where I drew the arrow pointing, you need go wind it in more for more pressure. The right way to do it is pull the steering assembly off and tighten it but the easiest way is to tighten it on the cae. Unfortunately you will make the collar look like crap because you need to use pliers as your fingers won't be able to spin it.

You can do a single linkage that's not a problem, push pull just kinda helps the servo to not work as hard.
I found the main issue: I burned out the servo. When I put the old Savox SW241MG that came with it used, it will make full turns. Also, in my first post, I did not add that it will not run, meaning the HW Max5 gives me a flashing red light when I power the rig on due to the servo...no throttle or turning. Without even binding the Savox, and I just swap the current servo for the Savox, the Losi powers on, there is no flashing ESC red light, and I have left/right turning.

I feel I was part of the issue. It was a hard fit to have both arms from the servo horn to the Ackerman. Although it turned, it was tight, possibly binding. I thought it was OK since it turned, but it was a hard lesson to learn to examine deeper next time. 1/5 was all new to me.

When I do this again, I will only do one servo horn/arm. I might not had this binding issue. Do I go with the same servo or something different?

1717026489423.png

I like to close out a post if someone ever finds this...

The Servo 701MG was good, with no issues. I messed up two areas. I had it plugged in wrong in the receiver, so how it worked is beyond me. It was a bonehead move; I know better.

The two servo arms were moved to the outside holes vs the middle. I could not make that happen when I first set this up 🤷‍♂️

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks