Help, tuning etc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fstnd378

Hello yesterday i drove a fg with a strange mixture (50:1 rtr fuel, but added some oil to make it 25:1 between 20:1) i have had a hard time tuning, it💀 i richened the hsn nearly to the end, then i leaned it and same with the lsn. Maybe this is because of the fuel mixture? Whatever i did, IT KEPT BOGGING DOWN HELP

Edit: assuming its a 668, what would be the factory tune?

668 is one and a quarter turns out on low needle and one and a half turns out on the high needle for factory settings mate,
I tried, but once it reaches higher rpm, it keeps starting bogging down?? I haven't oiled the airfilter, if that has something to do with it😂

Edit: i found out that after the engine bogged down, i have to press the primer a couple of times again before that squeeking noise is completely gone

Last edited:
a few things mate,
what engine are you running in the car,
how old is the engine/car,
what condition is the engine/car in,
when the engine bogs is the bulb on the carb empty,
does the car run ok for a while before it bogs,
how much extra oil did you add to the 50/1 fuel mix you stated above, plus how old is the fuel,
are you running an enclosed body on the car,
can you post a picture of the car on here please,
a picture sometimes gives us an idea of what may be wrong (y),

I tried, but once it reaches higher rpm, it keeps starting bogging down?? I haven't oiled the airfilter, if that has something to do with it😂

Edit: i found out that after the engine bogged down, i have to press the primer a couple of times again before that squeeking noise is completely gone
The squeaking probably isn’t good. Maybe you have a clutch issue? Or maybe worse! Engine.

i think he means the squeak you get when you pump the bulb up to get fuel in the carb clubin (y)
Yeah sorry that's what i meant: after the engine runs a bit i have to pump the primer like 5 times again, before the squeeking primer sound stops ( i guess that means that its not sucking air anymore)

Anyway, i might end up with a new carb, because i found out this is just a aliexpress clone without even a chinese brand on it👍 i might get this carb (atleast from a "brand" called ruiXing):Screenshot_20230421_204941_AliExpress.jpg
Will this airfilter fit it?:Screenshot_20230421_205206_AliExpress.jpg(people say i shouldn't run the filter i have right now):20230421_205445.jpgone of the reasons i also want to get that carb set is becauseone of the gaskets i have right now is a little broken, i can bend it easily at that spot

a few things mate,
what engine are you running in the car,
how old is the engine/car,
what condition is the engine/car in,
when the engine bogs is the bulb on the carb empty,
does the car run ok for a while before it bogs,
how much extra oil did you add to the 50/1 fuel mix you stated above, plus how old is the fuel,
are you running an enclosed body on the car,
can you post a picture of the car on here please,
a picture sometimes gives us an idea of what may be wrong (y),
I'm running a original g230 with a head converted to a g260. The FG monstertruck overall must be pretty old, but compression is fine. The FG has been pretty clean, untill i started bashing it a week ago (my ordered sparks finally came). There shouldn't be any dirt near the flywheel tho, as i checked it yesterday. "When the engine bogs down is the bulb on carb empty" is a kinda direct question💀 answer is yes (probably doesn't mean any good). After running today, i did check the engine (removing spark), and it had some carbon/residue left in it even though i couldn't lean it any more. In fact, the engine didn't run great at any time, even right when started😂. I did notice it bogged down a much less when i richened the LSN a lot, but it didn't want to idle (had the idle screw fully in). Fuel is "Aspen 2" and i ran today a mix like this:20230420_205110.jpgi bought it less than half a year ago. Today i didn't run any body, i have a funny vid: ((((https://www.mediafire.com/file/ayaxteqzhhvw8me/lv_0_20230421182107.mp4/file)))) thanks really for your comment, here are some pics:20230421_211810.jpg20230421_211801.jpg20230421_211744.jpg20230421_211734.jpg

For carb richer is out. Lean is in. Same for both h and I needles.

Man I miss my fg!

Maybe the clunk is plugged.
Sorry i meant: the engine still has residue even though it bogged down very hard from being too lean. I did find out actually, that when i push the choke down for 20-30 degrees, the engine works perfectly. No bogging down! I don't think this is how i'm supposed to use it though😂. Maybe it's due to the mixture i'm running, so soon i'll try to mix 95 gasoline. The 2 stroke oil i use right now also isn't really made for rc engines. Screenshot_20230422_081200_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20230422_081050_Chrome.jpgwhich of these oils would be the best option for rc engines?

do not get the off brand carb. the carbs on these things have tiny passages and need very tight tolerances. it's so worth the extra $20 for not having/worrying about random problems all the time. get a walbro 997. do not trust 50:1 fuel, it should always be 25:1, the motors need the lubrication. maybe the fuel is really old? did you try a new ngk plug? cheap plugs go much more frequently, i don't even like using champion plugs.

I'm running a original g230 with a head converted to a g260. The FG monstertruck overall must be pretty old, but compression is fine. The FG has been pretty clean, untill i started bashing it a week ago (my ordered sparks finally came). There shouldn't be any dirt near the flywheel tho, as i checked it yesterday. "When the engine bogs down is the bulb on carb empty" is a kinda direct question💀 answer is yes (probably doesn't mean any good). After running today, i did check the engine (removing spark), and it had some carbon/residue left in it even though i couldn't lean it any more. In fact, the engine didn't run great at any time, even right when started😂. I did notice it bogged down a much less when i richened the LSN a lot, but it didn't want to idle (had the idle screw fully in). Fuel is "Aspen 2" and i ran today a mix like this:View attachment 86842i bought it less than half a year ago. Today i didn't run any body, i have a funny vid: ((((https://www.mediafire.com/file/ayaxteqzhhvw8me/lv_0_20230421182107.mp4/file)))) thanks really for your comment, here are some pics:View attachment 86843View attachment 86844View attachment 86845View attachment 86846
It sounds like you got an air leak that’s why it won’t idle or keep a tune check/replace your gaskets

could be a lot of things. try what you can to troubleshoot. new plug, new air filter (the other person was right, anything other than 2 stage foam filters are trash and dangerous), clean, properly oiled air filter (never run the filter dry, can damage engine), factory carb settings, check lines, fuel filter, fuel tank vent, like anything you can with what you have. you can damage your engine bby running it too lean so be careful. if you do absolutely everything and nothing helps, you prob need a new piston and cylinder

It sounds like you got an air leak that’s why it won’t idle or keep a tune check/replace your gaskets
I’m pretty shore it’s an air leak that’s why it runs better with the choke half on because by doing that your starving it of air but it won’t never idle and it don’t matter what way you turn the settings it will still run like crap as the more you give it throttle the more air it will suck in get some instant gasket sealer and replace all of them from the head to the filter it will cost lest than a tenner

Looks like factory stock isolator block under the carb. These are notorious for warping. Even brand new i can pull one off the engine and it warped before even starting it. Check this and carefully sand flat or get a replacement or fix it and get a spare one because probably happen again. This will cause lean and tuning issues.

could be a lot of things. try what you can to troubleshoot. new plug, new air filter (the other person was right, anything other than 2 stage foam filters are trash and dangerous), clean, properly oiled air filter (never run the filter dry, can damage engine), factory carb settings, check lines, fuel filter, fuel tank vent, like anything you can with what you have. you can damage your engine bby running it too lean so be careful. if you do absolutely everything and nothing helps, you prob need a new piston and cylinder
Could it all just be because of a air leakage in the fuel tank? When i blow through the cable that comes from the primer bulb, there is some air leaking exactly through the black spot on the top of the fuel tank. On that black rubber spot, both cables are connected. Also, when i rotate the car, there is some gasoline leaking from it. Glue?

Yes. Chuck that filter straight in the garbage!

That carb you posted a pic of isn’t any better than the junk you already have.

Pick yourself up a walboro
Thanks, would you recommend with or without bearings?? For exampleScreenshot_20230425_123312_Chrome.jpgis the bearing version worth the €20 extra?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks