Help with 2wd fg

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heu guys I'm new to the 5th scale world I'm going to be picking up this fg 2wd touring car tomorrow it is older don't know how old but it has a 23cc solo engine my question is , is it still a good deal for $500 bucks and how hard would it to be to upgrade to a newer engine the engine in it runs fine but I'd like to eventually put a new motor in I contacted ddm and they really didn't have any answers as they never really delt with the solo engine I want to just put a zen in it with a aftermarket pipe and call it a day maybe some front disc break any help or knowledge would be great uploadfromtaptalk1437067528199.jpguploadfromtaptalk1437067535025.jpg

My guess is if its an older 'Solo' engine, the engine mounts are slightly different, but using the 'modern' mounts, they should fit, permitting a modern Zenoah engine, but don't quote me on it.
Unless its in absolutely A1 condition, then price is a little steep I think.

Welcome to LSF.
Al.

So if I bought the newer motor mounts and a newer zen motor it should work ? And it is in great condition needs a clean up but other then that it's good comes with a brand new 2 speed setup and a bunch of new gears and custom made gears the body is barely even scratched but I would like to get a porsche body for it and paint it to look like my full size gt3 cup car

Nope motor is perfectly fine lol I just wanted to try and bring it more up to date mostly want to put a better flowing pipe on it and hoping some of the other newer fg parts fit the car I would like to put front brakes on it

500$ for a car that has more than 10 or 15 years? I'll not buy a car old like this for any price, As far as I know Porsche body is for 510m wheelbase, make sure about the chassis lenght before getting the car.

I talked him down to $300 it's my first 5th scale onroad car I don't feel like paying thousands to try something out and not like it so I found a cheap one to test out 5th scale onroad with its runs perfect t has all brand new protek servos with it and a bunch of spare new parts

300 make more sense to me ;) , atom3624 465mm Porsche where the originals but now it's easyer to get the 510 because is the one that FG uses in the 4WD car. My advice is only because that car might be a 530mm chassis.

Back