Help with my FG BAJA!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CALIC

Hi all.. just wanted to know if its posible if i can fit a beetle shell or a hamer shell on my baja??? will it fit? do i need 2 drill exta holes?

Thanks

Thanks for replying, as am new to the hobby, i am not 100% sure of what parts is needed in that link you sent me. And do you think the stadium hummer or beetle wheels will fit on the baja? :eek:

Last edited:
You will need the following parts:

7154/1 x6 body mount (or 4 + 2x 7155 mounts for the front (shorter))
6032/1 x2 roll cage brace
6175 x2 body support
6176 x1 support rubbers

8098 x1 fr brake cable bracket (fr posts attach to this first as far as I can tell)

also you'll need need to drill out the front roll cage (6031) bosses for the side mounts

That looks to be about it, use this link to look up your parts as they have pictures of every fg part and usually a description, what it works with etc.
http://www.rc-car-online-shop.de/lshop,showrub,1020,e,1227197232-1139,fg,,,,.htm

You could also email Wolfgang at hobbythek (in link above) to double check the parts needed, they are very helpful over there and stock all FG parts if you can't get them where you are, but being in blighty you shouldn't have any probs.

Hope this helps.
And yes all FG tires will fit the baja (actually any wheel with a FG square), if you go to monster tires you'll have to change your gearing though to 14t on the layshaft and probably 48/16 spur and pinion cos they're 1 1/2" bigger than the baja ones and 3 times as heavy.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks