Help with Shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Help

:helpsmilie:I am just getting into the sport. My brother sent this 1/5 scale knock off and from what I can figure out is a copy of the MCD Race Runner.
My problem is that the shock rod is short and I am having difficulty in attaching the "C" pins holding the diffuser. I'm sure my verbiage is not correct but am I making my point? I am looking for some basic information about car maintenance. Where is the best place to get this info?
I had a 1/10 electric Traxxas a few years ago but need refresher in upkeep.

sounds like one of the FS Racing units. not seen much out on these yet as they are still pretty new to the market. i would imagine they are similar to the shocks your used to working with, just a bit bigger.

make sure all seals/orings are in good shape, ie, no cracks, gouges, and are plyable still and not getting hardened.

what i do is once i know all the componants are good and ready to use, i ll put them together, seating the bottom cap but not tightening it. then fill the shock from the top and seat and tighten the top cap up. then flip it over, pump the shaft a few times, you may need to re loosen the bottom cap a bit to do this. what your doing is working the air bubbles to the bottom cap (which is pointed up in the air now) then losen the bottom cap enough to allow the air and any extra oil to bleed out while you push the shock shaft into the body about 2/3rds the way. when you get the shaft in 2/3rds the way, tighten the bottom cap to seal the shock up and install the spring on the shock. it should compress fully and retract fully when not installed, it should also feel firm and not spongy or like the shock is filled with cottage cheese. if it feels like this, you stil have air in the shock. you ll need to add some more oil and rebleed until you have all the air out and the shock shaft feels smooth and steady as it enters and leaves the shock body.

hth
T

The top of the shaft does not extend above the shock tube. I am trying to install the c clamps & diffuser while not damaging the allumium tube. Als,o there is no bottom cap, just a "nipple seal" at the top then the cap.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks