Help with Vekta5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BostonGeorge

Have had a vekta5 for about a month now and everything has been great.. The truck stalled out the other day, the pipe had melted the fuel line to the truck. I replaced the lines, cleaned the filter, and even installed a new plug. Went to drive it and she wont start !!?? the truck has spark, the fuel lines are right, and I even reset the carb, I took the plug out turned the truck upside down to make sure it was not flooded (barley any fuel came out) not sure what to do? any advice before I bring it into hobby shop?

Did you get it sorted out?

How are the lines oriented in the truck to get so close to the exhaust?

Were any electrical components effected?

Hope its all figured out by now.

Have had a vekta5 for about a month now and everything has been great.. The truck stalled out the other day, the pipe had melted the fuel line to the truck. I replaced the lines, cleaned the filter, and even installed a new plug. Went to drive it and she wont start !!?? the truck has spark, the fuel lines are right, and I even reset the carb, I took the plug out turned the truck upside down to make sure it was not flooded (barley any fuel came out) not sure what to do? any advice before I bring it into hobby shop?
You did everything one is instructed to do, when an engine won't start; and still no start. I have a Redcat Rampage XR that started up within three pulls in the summer, and was refusing to start in the chill of the fall. Tugged my arm off. Then I got a hairdryer and blew a few minutes of heat on the engine head, before trying to fire it up agan. ONE PULL and she was singing. Can it be the temperature where you are?

Hate when people ask for advice then don't post to tell whether or not the problem was cured lol

Hate when people ask for advice then don't post to tell whether or not the problem was cured lol

I figured out, have not had time to really mess with it with work. I got it started and tuned it. I reset the carb, cleaned the spark plug, and set throttle servo so that throttle was open about 75% and she started up. Not sure if the fuel line melting maybe starved the motor. I really have it dialed in now and she rips.

Turns out that the motors piston was installed facing the wrong direction, sending it back, Also my mechanic noticed that the rear end of my Vekta5 has a poop ton of movement going on... he went as far as saying that the truck had to of been a used truck prior to me purchasing it from DDM.. has anyone had this issue with their vekta ? I have only ran about 3 tanks through the truck ?? should I contact DDM or kraken to get this resolved ?

I really don't understand how the piston was installed backwards and you were still able to run 3 tanks through it. I wouldn't think it would have even started

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks