Help!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stratous

Hello Everyone,

I just received my X4 Rally and took everything out of the box, I have to say, I'm a little intimidated, first 5th scale, only experience in 1/10th scale nitro. My question I have for everyone is that there were no operating manuals (don't laugh) and I do not know what the break in cycle is on the engine. (Zenoah G290RC), or if there is a break-in cycle.

George

make sure you run 25.1 mix ratio, take it easy on half a tank don't be scared to give it abit throttle but don't redline, after that make sure its tuned correct you should be right to use full throttle but don't hold it open for to long....have fun M8

Sounds just about spot on.
Don't forget to check all bolts after the first run - may need to remove and threadlock, or simply tighten and keep an eye on them.
Certainly check exhaust and engine mount bolts, wheel nuts, and even the cylinder head (shouldn't be loose but you never know).
Al.

Sounds just about spot on.
Don't forget to check all bolts after the first run - may need to remove and threadlock, or simply tighten and keep an eye on them.
Certainly check exhaust and engine mount bolts, wheel nuts, and even the cylinder head (shouldn't be loose but you never know).
Al.

Al,

Thank you. Also, do you know what the extra rod is for, can not seem to find out where this belongs too.... Also, what are those rubber pull-offs that are attached to the front side body mounts bracket?

I attached some pictures below.... hope this works....

http://photobucket.com/StratousMCDX4Rally

Yes atom i forgot to mention checking all nuts and bolts for tightness and add blue loctite, if it was mine i would tear it down and start from scratch as i always do,
Nothing worse than bits falling off it spoils the fun lol

The other thing is;
1. Don't forget to set the failsafe - this permits you to set the brakes on loss of signal, assuming there's still power in the car's battery. Normally set the brakes to full on.
2. Get hold of an appropriate REMOTE KILL SWITCH. This will permit you to cut the ignition in the event of a runaway, and in the event of loss of power, it will cut the ignition for you.
Al.

Yes, I adjusted the failsafe to full brakes but also installed I think it's called "kiiler bee" where I use channel #3 to kill engine in case of emergency.....

Finally - Pictures

I finally painted her, still working on Wing and need to apply decals.... First time using liquid mask and an airbrush.... large learning curve

Attachments

• 2011_0179.jpg
    2011_0179.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 2011_0180.jpg
    2011_0180.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 2011_0183.jpg
    2011_0183.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 15
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks