Here we go!!! New release primal rc monster truck thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Large Scale Forum Community. I am one of the owners of Primal RC. Thank you so much for the positive feedback and the constructive criticism. I will keep an eye on this thread and try to answer your questions as best I can. It is difficult to judge the Raminator Monster Truck from some pictures and a handful of videos. I think when people will get their trucks into their hands then the real experience will be the judge. This truck is built strong and is built to drive like a real monster truck. That is our goal with all of our vehicles! Get it as close to the real thing as possible. We have had a lot of feed back saying that it is not as fast as people would like. Please understand that this is 80 lbs, it is huge, it should never go more than 40mph out of the box. We would not be in business if it did. However, since this truck is built for the mechanically inclined and it is built strong, we are working with amazing engine companies like RCMaxx, ALX, OBR, TMR to give people options and upgrades. But people should know that this truck comes stocked with a 49cc Reed pocket bike modified engine and is designed for torque. It is so much fun! It just goes anywhere you want... and yes it can just back up if if needed because it has reverse. Another comment we see often is that it is too expensive. Yes, I agree it is more than a lot of RC trucks out there, however, if you actually look at what it comes with you might change your mind. CNC aluminum, strong steel, strong roll cage and body, the list goes on. I wish we could have made it for less so that more people can afford it, but it was not possible because we had to build it strong so that it can handle roll overs without skipping a beat. Another common response we get is that my MTXL is faster than the Raminator.... to what we usually respond.... the Raminator will crush your MTXL if it can catch up to it :). This is a monster truck! It crushes, it goes over anything. Comparing to the MTXL just doesn't make sense. There is a place for both in the RC community. If you have any questions, please post them and I will try to answer them.

hello primal rc?
welcome
Hello Large Scale Forum Community. I am one of the owners of Primal RC. Thank you so much for the positive feedback and the constructive criticism. I will keep an eye on this thread and try to answer your questions as best I can. It is difficult to judge the Raminator Monster Truck from some pictures and a handful of videos. I think when people will get their trucks into their hands then the real experience will be the judge. This truck is built strong and is built to drive like a real monster truck. That is our goal with all of our vehicles! Get it as close to the real thing as possible. We have had a lot of feed back saying that it is not as fast as people would like. Please understand that this is 80 lbs, it is huge, it should never go more than 40mph out of the box. We would not be in business if it did. However, since this truck is built for the mechanically inclined and it is built strong, we are working with amazing engine companies like RCMaxx, ALX, OBR, TMR to give people options and upgrades. But people should know that this truck comes stocked with a 49cc Reed pocket bike modified engine and is designed for torque. It is so much fun! It just goes anywhere you want... and yes it can just back up if if needed because it has reverse. Another comment we see often is that it is too expensive. Yes, I agree it is more than a lot of RC trucks out there, however, if you actually look at what it comes with you might change your mind. CNC aluminum, strong steel, strong roll cage and body, the list goes on. I wish we could have made it for less so that more people can afford it, but it was not possible because we had to build it strong so that it can handle roll overs without skipping a beat. Another common response we get is that my MTXL is faster than the Raminator.... to what we usually respond.... the Raminator will crush your MTXL if it can catch up to it :). This is a monster truck! It crushes, it goes over anything. Comparing to the MTXL just doesn't make sense. There is a place for both in the RC community. If you have any questions, please post them and I will try to answer them.

I like your rig & think your truck is worth looking at, maybe getting one. Just wish you put a ford body on it. We would like to see one in person. Is there any place around Pittsburg Pa. that you will have your trucks at like a event/trade show? Are you taking your MT truck & dragster to this event on July 19-20? We are planning to make it & would love to see Primal there. 50387

I have heard only good things about the dragster you produce. Just on that alone, I'm sure the quality of the truck is top notch.
Great to see you working with some engine builders for those that would want some more braapp.

(y)

I like your rig & think your truck is worth looking at, maybe getting one. Just wish you put a ford body on it. We would like to see one in person. Is there any place around Pittsburg Pa. that you will have your trucks at like a event/trade show? Are you taking your MT truck & dragster to this event on July 19-20? We are planning to make it & would love to see Primal there. View attachment 50387
That sounds like a fun event. Hmmm... maybe. We have a dragster event in Brooklyn the next week. It might be tough, we can try. Oh wait... it is in IL... I thought in was in PA.... I don't think we can do it because of our sponsored event in Brooklyn, NY the next week. If you can make it to Floyd Bennett Field on July 28th, we are sponsoring the 1/5 scale baja and 1/5 scale dragster races. (Big Trophies :)). We will bring the monster truck there. Here is their facebook page you can see if you can make it. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1917950661613833/

Absolutely fantastic piece of machinery ! I think the speed is more to scale . I've been looking forward to the revealing vid to this and followed it on other internet places. Well done Primal ! Oh and welcome to LSF.

Oh , and members. I forgot to say. I'm sure Woodie is putting one of these up in a competition. ;) (joking)

J

That sounds like a fun event. Hmmm... maybe. We have a dragster event in Brooklyn the next week. It might be tough, we can try. Oh wait... it is in IL... I thought in was in PA.... I don't think we can do it because of our sponsored event in Brooklyn, NY the next week. If you can make it to Floyd Bennett Field on July 28th, we are sponsoring the 1/5 scale baja and 1/5 scale dragster races. (Big Trophies :)). We will bring the monster truck there. Here is their facebook page you can see if you can make it. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1917950661613833/
We are already committed to the IL event & don't think we will be able to make your event on the 28th. Sounds fun, we have a couple of HPI 5B's & have wanted to try drag racing. If you would be so kind to post any event you are going to be at on this post we would greatly appreciate it & try to be there.

It was purpose built as a monster truck. They aren't meant to race in the traditional sense. I actually think Primal accomplished their goal. They created a large scale monster truck that can actually take a beating. This video shows the body mount failing in a rollover. Nothing more. Of course it would. It's likely plastic. Or worst case, a thin aluminum part.

This model is well over twice the weight of the Baja. Physics is always in play. Something that heavy taking repeated dumps without breaking like a child's toy is actually pretty impressive.

I do agree that releasing a version as a roller to allow us to add whatever powerplant we want would be nice, but look at it from the perspective of Primal. They wanted to release an RTR model that not only has everything you need to run, but in such a way as to create a truly tough truck that doesn't need anything to make it more reliable. And at a price point that can be (relatively) tolerated for the demographic they are catering to.

They included everything, and didn't completely cheap out. It can reverse out of the box, it uses servos that aren't complete crap. It has a decent radio and VRC rx battery.

To echo @dougstar it's not really my kind of RC, but you can't deny that it dwarfs our beloved models and deserves a place on this forum.

It was purpose built as a monster truck. They aren't meant to race in the traditional sense. I actually think Primal accomplished their goal. They created a large scale monster truck that can actually take a beating. This video shows the body mount failing in a rollover. Nothing more. Of course it would. It's likely plastic. Or worst case, a thin aluminum part.

This model is well over twice the weight of the Baja. Physics is always in play. Something that heavy taking repeated dumps without breaking like a child's toy is actually pretty impressive.

I do agree that releasing a version as a roller to allow us to add whatever powerplant we want would be nice, but look at it from the perspective of Primal. They wanted to release an RTR model that not only has everything you need to run, but in such a way as to create a truly tough truck that doesn't need anything to make it more reliable. And at a price point that can be (relatively) tolerated for the demographic they are catering to.

They included everything, and didn't completely cheap out. It can reverse out of the box, it uses servos that aren't complete crap. It has a decent radio and VRC rx battery.

To echo @dougstar it's not really my kind of RC, but you can't deny that it dwarfs our beloved models and deserves a place on this forum.
im not saying it should be fast, im saying it should be tourqy and violent which that gutless engine doesn't provide Lol.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks