Here we go!!! New release primal rc monster truck thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im not saying it should be fast, im saying it should be tourqy and violent which that gutless engine doesn't provide Lol.
I agree, it sounds very underpowered. I'm not the sort of person that tries to make everything go as fast as possible, in fact far from it - people put too much power in their toy cars right now, but I'd be disappointed if I bought one of these. Definitely needs more torque.

That chassis is a quality work of art, but as I stated in the "other" Primal thread, with that much weight comes a high risk of breaking stuff. Unobtainum bling is great for a wow factor, but there is a reason that composite parts offer insurance against breakage and that's the fact that there needs to be a certain amount of "flex" incorporated into a chassis. When everything is tied together with rigid heim joints and aluminum bulkheads and stiff chassis plates, harsh impacts have no where to flow, and components re-actively just bend or snap. I think that truck is really cool for a certain niche RC enthusiast. But maybe i'm wrong and that Primal chassis will prove to be bulletproof. I though I was rough on my nitro Savages , until I watched some vids of the "BYT" gang.... I was a pussy with my truck compared to those kids !!

That chassis is a quality work of art, but as I stated in the "other" Primal thread, with that much weight comes a high risk of breaking stuff. Unobtainum bling is great for a wow factor, but there is a reason that composite parts offer insurance against breakage and that's the fact that there needs to be a certain amount of "flex" incorporated into a chassis. When everything is tied together with rigid heim joints and aluminum bulkheads and stiff chassis plates, harsh impacts have no where to flow, and components re-actively just bend or snap. I think that truck is really cool for a certain niche RC enthusiast. But maybe i'm wrong and that Primal chassis will prove to be bulletproof. I though I was rough on my nitro Savages , until I watched some vids of the "BYT" gang.... I was a pussy with my truck compared to those kids !!
I don’t think it’s going to be prone to bending parts every time out, between the give in the wheels and beefiness of the suspension and surrounding parts I think you should be weary of it just wearing out parts or bending things from freak accidents. I could be wrong though. At the price point I would expect it to be near bulletproof.

Ah ,a present for you Polar ,enjoy!.........:cool:

I want to know what engine these guys are running. Seems much more appropriate for a truck this size.

Probably RCMAX or ALX or something else. They said they were working with those companies about putting thier engines in the truck. Plus I see a tuned pipe on it too.

Probably RCMAX or ALX or something else. They said they were working with those companies about putting thier engines in the truck. Plus I see a tuned pipe on it too.
Definitely not rcmax or alx, sounds nothing like one and revvs nothing like one. Plus it makes no sense, they were showing off their new product, you would want to show what it's like out of the box, not show one with a much much better and much much more expensive engine. I'm saying it's probably the torque gear set (the Mt comes with multiple gear sets).

Last edited:
Possible on gearing BUT. They have a tuned pipe on it which when they were going to release it had no pipe. Just a muffler. They also said they were going to talk to OBR at same time they mentioned the other companies. So that means a ZEN based engine. Be nice if they would have actually showed inside the truck. Not far away with the body off. But the pipe was clearly seen.

I like it. It's a bit out of my price range, but it has a certain beefiness and bounce that you won't get out of the current offerings. Those shocks alone are as long as your forearm! That poop is gonna cost if it's gonna be reliable.

I didn't see the test vids with the 46cc and lower gears move like this vid, but I could be wrong. I'll wait until more vids of this thing out of the box show up. But if it runs like that, it looks like a hell of a lot of fun!

@TODD Judging from the start of that vid, the pipe looks exactly the same as the one on the release model. Just check RC Sparks' Vid to see it at about 10:00.

So yeah, 46cc is not enough to move this massive beast with the kind of spunk we're used to. But it also weighs in at 80lb and has gigantic tires. It's also very common for RTR models to be a little under powered. This reduces initial consumer cost, and increases reliability. Not one of our 1/5 scale trucks or buggies shipped with a fire breathing monster of a motor from the factory. The entire aftermarket is centered around adding more power.

I think this truck can take a lot more power without losing out on reliability, PrimalRC are centered around overpowered large scale drag cars, so they know how to build for big HP. But the cost of such a motor on an RTR might create too high a barrier of entry for the guy who can only afford this truck and won't be able to get a bigger motor until next year. But at least he can get it now, enjoy it, and plan for future upgrades.

Luckily, there are a poop ton of options for getting "moar powah". I'm really looking forward to seeing what some of the more extreme engines can make this truck do! All told, I'm super glad this truck came out, and is as nice as it is. It fills a niche that hasn't been touched for a very long time. A large scale, purpose built, monster truck. And I think it's a beautiful piece of engineering.

They sold out the first round of production pretty quickly. I hope they sell out even more! This is only good news for large scale everywhere if it takes off.

Now that I have seen it from more angles I am as in love with it as I ever was. I think my reservations is mostly a matter of finetuning the vehicle to taste. It looks like great fun and it does have the right monstertruck oomph about it. It really puts into perspective how much Losi failed with the MTXL in terms of making it a monstertruck. It doesn't even look like one. I love my clownshoe truggy tho. But I would love to get a primal if they find a European distributor. I am not paying twice over due to local downright criminal VAT and taxes.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks