High speed 1/5 tires?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LibertyMKiii

Anyone aware of good high speed tires for 1/5 scale?
The GRP are small diameter for something like a 1/8 or 17 scale. Looking for something with a larger diameter for a 1/5 scale.
I came across the Louise X-Rocket but have not seen anyone using them over 50mph. At nearly $200 usd a set I'd like to be sure of the quality/capabilites.

Currently I am running the MadMax 1/5 super grip wheel/tires and have hit 71.5mph but they are stretching bad "pizza cutters"
I am considering having some custom foams made but wanted to check if I was missing some other option.

Thanks,

-Liberty

Anyone aware of good high speed tires for 1/5 scale?
The GRP are small diameter for something like a 1/8 or 17 scale. Looking for something with a larger diameter for a 1/5 scale.
I came across the Louise X-Rocket but have not seen anyone using them over 50mph. At nearly $200 usd a set I'd like to be sure of the quality/capabilites.

Currently I am running the MadMax 1/5 super grip wheel/tires and have hit 71.5mph but they are stretching bad "pizza cutters"
I am considering having some custom foams made but wanted to check if I was missing some other option.

Thanks,

-Liberty
Bro tires are good cuz they don't balloon and will hold up to the speed

Yup, basically a new way to make you broke ??
To late around 1 month in , i bought my first baja and have tons of upgrades the way in mail. And now my second 1:5 should be on its way soon :D.... Ye am made my self way broker thene i should have :D But is it worth it? Hell yeah !:D But i never tought i would find something i would be this obsessed abut in young age of 32 ;)

And i have so many things on the horizon i still want to order :watching: Alternator, wired breaks, tons of diff alloy parts, Etc etc etc etc. But i have to slow down and try to save up little i have :D (4 more parts)

To late around 1 month in , i bought my first baja and have tons of upgrades the way in mail. And now my second 1:5 should be on its way soon :D.... Ye am made my self way broker thene i should have :D But is it worth it? Hell yeah !:D But i never tought i would find something i would be this obsessed abut in young age of 32 ;)

And i have so many things on the horizon i still want to order :watching: Alternator, wired breaks, tons of diff alloy parts, Etc etc etc etc. But i have to slow down and try to save up little i have :D (4 more parts)
LOL true!! I seen over 2k on my Baja iver the one year I've owned it and it ran only 6 months out of that year ?? that's why I'm building a 70cc that still don't run LoL and its is still a stcok complete POS with just drive train upgrades ?? so when my Baja is done I'm probably 4k deep ? I'm gonna be broke at this rate, is it worth it? HECK YA!

Those wheels look like a great option, however i'm not certain how id mount those. Ideally im looking for something with a 24mm hex.
This is for a X-Maxx btw

-Liberty

Those wheels look like a great option, however i'm not certain how id mount those. Ideally im looking for something with a 24mm hex.
This is for a X-Maxx btw

-Liberty
Ohh yeah, well then I'd look at foam tires cuz they don't balloon and give good grip, check out this guy udluuz on YouTube cuz he was doing speed runs with the xmaxx.

I have seen his runs. He currently has the fastest X-Maxx at 98.x mph.
His were made by GoneBananas racing foams and he has had them come unglued. Something I hope does not happen to me!!
I called today over to one shop that makes them and they took down my name and number. I imagine a custom setup wont be cheap.

-Liberty

Get a set of the premounted on road high speed tire sets for the MCD RR5 buggy . I have a set of 4 for my 5b and they to date are the best I have used, I retired my expensive BRPs slicks for these road sneakers. I use the med compound and can wheelie on demand even on the nasty roads we have around here. The BRPs would just spin out and I was out of control 90% of the time

Never tried FG stuff, I went with the MCD set as their OD is a large 165mm. My first test with the MCD set was inside a very large airplane hanger with ultra smooth clear coated floors and the car would wheel stand at demand and turn like on rails. This was in summer when we have our R/C MAX GT 40s in for power!!. The BRPs would get out about 20yds and lose it big time. The MCD set even hooked up on a rain wet green painted tennis court........

Never tried FG stuff, I went with the MCD set as their OD is a large 165mm. My first test with the MCD set was inside a very large airplane hanger with ultra smooth clear coated floors and the car would wheel stand at demand and turn like on rails. This was in summer when we have our R/C MAX GT 40s in for power!!. The BRPs would get out about 20yds and lose it big time. The MCD set even hooked up on a rain wet green painted tennis court........
can i have a link for sum? also how wide are they? im building a 70cc for my baja and as u can imagine, theres alot of power running thru them

OPP'S my bad, I just grabbed one and it is at 160mm OD in med compound, MCD part# M100234x on white spoke 24mm hex rims. 1 single rim with foam and rubber mounted weighted in @ 376 grams.....pretty lite in 5b world!!!!!!!!
65 mm wide

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks