'Historic' Engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbell

Hi Guys,

I joined the forum a couple of days ago; My reason for joining is detailed on the New Member thread; Please feel free to take a look!

Ok, I guess my interest must be in the blood, because 30-odd years ago my father also had grand-plans!

The engine in the photographs was purchased to go in a large scale boat; There are pictures of this in the 'boat' section if anyone is interested.

I believe that the 'prop' was fitted to run the engine in.The engine is an Enya 35, model number 5224. I have the original box, and somewhere the original instructions too!

Is there a market for older engines?

Thanking you all in advance,

Richard

phpTlH0F0AM.jpg

phpmrJuMzAM.jpg

phpfapqHsAM.jpg

phpKez8dQAM.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Best thing to do is take it to ebay. I had 4 old K&B or something like that out board motors with props and they sold like hot cakes. Couldn't believe someone wanter the stuff. I bought some large scale stuff I really wanted with the proceeds.:D

Best thing to do is take it to ebay. I had 4 old K&B or something like that out board motors with props and they sold like hot cakes. Couldn't believe someone wanter the stuff. I bought some large scale stuff I really wanted with the proceeds.:D

Hi,

Many thanks for your reply.

E-Bay sounds like a plan!!! I just thought I would offer it on here first though; Keep it in the family and all that?? Any thoughts on what it might be worth please??

Cheers,

Richard

Or that Tim WhatsHisFace on Bargain Hunt - my fave programme midday - live 2km from work so pop back just for the programme !!!
Real reason is to collect any bits that may have arrived in the post before the missus junks them in the bin !! :(
Al.

Not sure on the price? Used motors are hard to sell unless you can say they have compression and run. Older motors are even harder because you have to find that person looking for one. Best place again is ebay for the most coverage. We have seller rules in the Market place so selling it on the forum is not an option at this time.

Could be an old marine engine as it looks to have a water cooler ring around the head or the ring was purchased as an aftermarket product. For sure that prop does not belong on it as a marine engine! Even the swamp buggies are fine with a standard air cooled engine. Take the prop off and E-bay all the way as an old nitro marine engine!

Back