HiTec HS-7980TH.... Feedback Needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MonsterAir

Lone Racer 🤠
I picked up one of these servo's in the spring time for my throttle/brake and it's been constant issues with it glitching. Right out of the packaging it gave me trouble. I had to wrap it well in electrical tape just to keep it from touching my alloy servo tray otherwise it glitches. Once the tape get's some dust or sand around it the problem comes back. Also get on and off glitching when I run 7.4v. I should have sent it back months ago but it was working on and off so I didn't wanna deal with any down time sending it back to them. Since I'm just about done for the season (and the servo completely burnt out today) here I plan on sending it in for replacement....... My question for those of you who use/used this servo, have you experienced any of the problems I have? I'm debating on whether or not to just sell it and go with something different after I send it in...... It seems to be a good servo when working, plenty of torque for my cable brakes but it does seem to get a bit warmer then any other servo I have/had. I just really don't wanna deal with anymore glitching.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

What I've learned from these glitching issues is that anything is possible, however I narrowed te issue down to that servo months ago. Like I said when I tape is up the glitching goes away and when it gets dirty the glitching will come back. But all that is besides the fact cause I'm just wondering if this is just a faulty servo I've been dealing with or if the 7980TH is prone to be a bit finicky? Anybody running one?

No no I know the issue lies with the servo, on it's way to HiTech now. I'm just wondering if other users have had the same issue as me. I'm debating just selling it when I get new one being that's where I'd get most of my money back instead of running it, possibly getting the same issues and taking a loss...... Anyone running this servo?

I don't think it's the servo but you have your heart set on that being it
So get hitec to increase the dead band in the servo
You will have to get a servo programmer if they won't
But I had some of there smaller servos bounce back and forth when the car would go over a jump in the air and you could see the wheels studder back and forth
But that's all I can think of
It's like a ping pong ball bouncing back and forth trying to center
it over corrects and bounce to far [emoji457]

Last edited:
I hear what your saying but the servo burnt out sunday, it's dead. Stuck at full throttle when I started the motor. When I spoke with the people at HiTech he said there could be a messed up solder joint or something on the board causing interference. This servo is supposed to work on 7.4v, never has. Always glitched. Worked fine until Sunday on my NIMH pack.

I had the same issue with my 2 7990-so I have gone a way from hitec all together last few yrs their servos that I have gotten had some form of issue so now I use savox

Ya so far my Savox is strong and I put it through a lot. Thanks for bumping this thread! I have forgotten I need to send my servo in for repair/replacement before the 11th.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks