Hobbywing Max 5 ESC settings (motor timing)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a thought 6s is less amperage from The higher voltage may be worth giving it a try to see what your temps and run time are.
Oh and I've never had an issue running down to 3.2volts per cell.

I've tried 2 x 6S 3000mah in parallel before and somehow the ESC kept shutting down. It was like there wasn't enough torque to get the thing moving. Everything was running cool but for whatever reason I couldn't get it to work consistently. Once the car was moving the power seemed decent. Reached top speed no problem. There was significantly less torque and I couldn't power oversteer the car though. Couldn't get any drifts going either, just from swinging the body weight. My tires would last longer thats for sure! I think off road/grass definitely wouldn't work on 6S. I'm pretty sure a lot of my issues have to do with the sandrail cage I put on it. I get really tired lugging the thing around. It's too heavy. I think I need to adjust the timing or punch settings to get 6S to work properly. I have loads of 4S batteries but very few 6S which I mainly use for flying helicopters.

I've listed the thing up for sale as I'm getting tired of fiddling with it. If it doesn't sell I may just source out all the gasser parts from Aliexpress and make it a slow build back into a gas baja. I don't know, but the heavier DBXL seems to use the power more efficiently. As I've said, no heat issues and more run time. It may also have to do with the fact that on the baja the brushless motor is jammed into a crevice where there really isn't much airflow over the motor and the heat has nowhere to escape.

I have an external voltage alarm and I run my batteries to 3.3-3.4V under load then stop. I'm usually looking at 3.78-3.83V per cell resting voltage when I stop. Saves me from having to storage charge each battery afterwards too. I can't rely on the ESC voltage cutoff. It has failed me in the past and I lost some expensive lipos because of it. I could probably get another minute run time if I really ran them down to 20% capacity, but I want my batteries to last.

Shouldnt have lost torque at 6s. Or noticed any loss in power. It should have been the other way around. It's interesting to hear an issue like that. I would tend to think something is wrong with the esc if that was the case. But I digress. sorry to hear too parting with the old girl. Best of luck with the dbxl.

I think i wasn't clear on what i was trying to say. I run 8S (4S x 2 in series) normally but gave 6S (6S x2 in parallel) a try and it wasn't enough power. 8S is definitely more torquey than 6S. There is no way a baja would run on 4S power alone. Sorry for the confusion.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks