Holly Crabb...It went wide open!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cabodog

Man I need some help here. Rovan 450LT 4WD

I just put a new top end on because I think I didnt break it in right the first time. Seemed I lost compression. New top end in and it is tight!

This time I started it and idle for about 5 minutes. Then after cool down I let it idle for 15 minutes. Then after cool down I was out and running it at most I never got above 1/2 throttle but mostly just enough to keps it running and rolling, and all of a sudden it went wide open and I could shut it down. I am pushing it into brake mode and nothing! So I quickly sent into the grass and flipped it and it tacked out and quit before I got there. I was within 3 seconds of getting to it after I flipped it. Damn thing was hauling the mail!
I pulled the body off and have noticed that the throttle servo was a full throttle. I manually moved the servo back into place and turn the radio on the the truck. after a few seconds I noticed that the servo started to glitch without touching anything. It glitched to full throttle. WTH might be the issue here?

Bad servo?
Trim on radio?

Any help and input will be appreciated.

Rovan RS 2145D servo
fly sky radio All came with the truck.

10/4 on the kill switch!
Killer bee fail safe?
Recommendation on a kill switch?

When the servo went to full throttle the 2nd time, were you able to control it with the transmitter?
Killer Bee all the way for me. There are others but the only one I buy is the KB
No I was not. No brake no nothing! It only hapen once. But when it was on the table it glitched to full again the 2nd time. So before I start again I need to figure it out and get a kill switch.

I just put a new top end on because I think I didnt break it in right the first time. Seemed I lost compression. New top end in and it is tight!

This time I started it and idle for about 5 minutes. Then after cool down I let it idle for 15 minutes. Then after cool down I was out and running it at most I never got above 1/2 throttle but mostly just enough to keps it running and rolling, and all of a sudden it went wide open and I could shut it down. I am pushing it into brake mode and nothing! So I quickly sent into the grass and flipped it and it tacked out and quit before I got there. I was within 3 seconds of getting to it after I flipped it. Damn thing was hauling the mail!
I pulled the body off and have noticed that the throttle servo was a full throttle. I manually moved the servo back into place and turn the radio on the the truck. after a few seconds I noticed that the servo started to glitch without touching anything. It glitched to full throttle. WTH might be the issue here?

Bad servo?
Trim on radio?

Buy a proper servo and thow the current one in the trash, not worth the risk as others have said. Kill switch is a must as others said. Sorry this happened
switchblade here.(y)...running 4x of em atm....(y).....but tbh any will do jus get one fitted soon as u can(y)
We don't get switch blades in the states ? Best we have Is the killer bee ? and the POS Dynamite one ?

You can also try swapping servo connections at the receiver and see if the problem transfers to the steering servo. If it does then bad receiver, but if the problem stays with the throttle servo then bad throttle servo. A little better than shooting in the dark and throwing parts at it.

And definitely get a kill switch

Last edited:
As the others said..get a kill switch.

3 channel Flysky receivers:

FS-GR3E - power rating 4.5~6v
FS-GR3C/E/F - power rating 4.0~8.4v
FS-A3 - power rating 4.0~8.4v

Check which receiver you have. If using lipo, I wouldnt use the FS-GR3E. it should work but it's not rated for 7.4v and may burn out.

As the others said..get a kill switch.

3 channel Flysky receivers:

FS-GR3E - power rating 4.5~6v
FS-GR3C/E/F - power rating 4.0~8.4v
FS-A3 - power rating 4.0~8.4v

Check which receiver you have. If using lipo, I wouldnt use the FS-GR3E. it should work but it's not rated for 7.4v and may burn out.
Whoduh, I don't have a Flysky but that's good info.

Bad servo?
Trim on radio?

Verry lucky man things could have gone so bad
Get a kill switch

I'm echoing what everybody else said on this.
If the rx is bad and you don't' wanna spend more money on another rx/tx system, the Flysky rx's are cheap to buy. $5.00 - $8.00 each. Just get the Flysky rx's that are rated for 7.4v.... in case you want to show your servos you love them by upgrading to a lipo.
If the servo is bad...you can buy another Rovan servo but would probably be better off spending a few more dollars and getting the Hitec D840/845's..probably the best bang for your buck servo wise for the1/5 scale trucks + they are waterproof and great cust support.
Stock Losi servos are ok and they might actually be rebadged Savox servos(I still have the stock servos on the 5ive T).
Savox servos are another option but I'd go for the Hitecs over the Savox.
There are the JX brand servos too...but I don't know anything about them.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks