Home made work stand?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Parks

Print my own
Recently Bought a Losi mtxl, and was looking at work stands for it... wow they are pricey, has anyone made one from steel or off or anything for that matter? I have a bunch of 1x1 and 1x2 steel tubing. Going to build one next week if I can't find an alternative. Pics of home made ones or cheaper alternatives are welcomed

hi john parks and welcome to the forum m8.... i use a keyboard stand more or less same but hell of heck cheaper... my make is a adam hall.. plenty second hand . if that helps u pal..:)

I will look into those, thanks for the idea.

Depending on your height, you might find the keyboard stand hard work, I recently purchased a Dynamite rc workstand, awesome piece of kit. :)

Last edited:
I use a bar stool.
Rotates 360 and is height adjustable.
Cost $20 at Krap Mart.

That is actually a good idea, I'm going to check the rigid one out in a few days and see how that is. I'll look at a few bar stools as well. Definitely a good cheap idea.

The turn-buckles draw in the side arms which pinch on the chasis. It pivots and locks on a ball joint.

8BmIK6ovEAaarTugT92-y1C6k7BE72k-0BQFiqaAXnnGbvYKLogmPAzSaimtgs6f5fuu7QEyPl5w8LWDKc8dVnoQ2AHCkyOW05kDu2wwxjV0sLCKr6MMD_t7_5FsdrmQFRTjnEr3-JJfFmcKL2UVMbOgbOb6kE8V8fv_poz4U1HtSOersY4UNz3bWbQ4HpdpqEwSCYoN7OoL--d0WC-7aple3cNrKY_JdeE1xgw6hWqptA54ooa49YMm0WO-utZU-koTZ-HCJk_n5URI2VODV91hGO_kNMhZzrDMAvaaaQllvur4xcRc3_UuhR9AsBl23zi5nhef4a1AthDkp0GCI89vS-56FKeplbUYfMwRbYNHDGbjQpwmsSPq5vQJc6N3lA5fOf8EPUywjMPTzp8DdYtzHMa_7gE8-UwbU4qhimgfUNQYukchq59f2-ED6YPPS4DImrcjpGWT9KIJqFDP483S-gZ3i76nilice2NgeJVb2LcTyvE550WB07O7fCqwteoMwYWRPBTRjxY7B2AjUB_vGArwRRq0eP0BTsrvHeV7s8A_s9IW2m5wY3HQhNclQVe7YPfiM1nmGBPnbSgdI_k3yz9A2-ClpRO0Umg=w1180-h885-no

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks