Home security systems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

No Moa

Anyone have a 4 camera home security system? I had some snoopers around the house, so its time to invest. I want a 4 camera system, with the night/day camera, and the 7 days recorder or so.
Ebay has some they are pretty pricey, but spending 800-1000 is not to bad next 2 losing a car.
I can't spend much more than 1000, so the local security place is out.

I have a 4 camera system at both my retail stores. There is no need to spend a lot of loot unless you have the need to see the zits on their face. The Cameras are where the money is best spent. Water proof units and night vision (B&W) are affordable. I like the units that have a HD and internet connection so you can view it from a remote location.

I have seen some consumer level units at Home Depot and Costco that are pretty good good for the money. One thing to look at as well is to get cameras that can mount fairly far away and still get a good picture. You don't want them mounted where they can easily be disabled.

I too have been considering some home security though I'm not sure if video is something I need, but I would be interested to hear what you end up getting No Moa.

-Michael

im pretty lucky to live in a fairly low crim area plus still be far enough out in the country if i shoot my 12gauge at 1am, no one calls the cops. lol

plus haveing a sharrif live 1/4 mile down the road helps a bit too.

i ve not looked into any security systems in a long time. so all i knew has changed since i was last looking

I too have been considering some home security though I'm not sure if video is something I need, but I would be interested to hear what you end up getting No Moa.

-Michael

I'll let you know, the local Security company wants 4k for 4 camera system, and you ahve to have fire, theft, medic with the package, screw that.

FastEddy, what is you DVR system? And was kind of camera again?

I have a 4 camera system at both my retail stores. There is no need to spend a lot of loot unless you have the need to see the zits on their face. The Cameras are where the money is best spent. Water proof units and night vision (B&W) are affordable. I like the units that have a HD and internet connection so you can view it from a remote location.

I have seen some consumer level units at Home Depot and Costco that are pretty good good for the money. One thing to look at as well is to get cameras that can mount fairly far away and still get a good picture. You don't want them mounted where they can easily be disabled.

I was at my local Costco last week and they had one for about 600 (at least that's what I remember). Can't remember how many cameras came with it.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks