Hot racing out of business?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clubin

Build Thread Contributor
I bought a set of hot racing aluminum spindle and spindle carriers. Put them on and 2 minutes into first run broke one side. The part I need isn’t in stock anywhere including hot racing. I sent them a email Monday. No reply as of this evening. It’s Thursday. I paid good coin for these parts and the mfg is no help
I’d say avoid their stuff 52A29986-14C0-47DD-A6D3-45BE2B28F9D3.jpeg

There was a replacement set on fleebay Clubin. They come up often so it must be a common thing.

I’ve put the spindles/hubs on my dbxl but haven’t tried them out as of yet.

Last edited:
I wouldn't expect warranty or any level of customer service from any of these companies. Especially if you try to contact them directly. They're usually focused on manufacturing and nothing else. That's why they have dealers, so the customers can deal with them instead. I see lots of Hot Racing stuff on Ebay and Aliexpress still, so I would think they're still alive and well. Where did you buy it from? I never even attempted to contact companies like FID, DGI, AreaRC directly. I doubt I would get a response if I did. However, I always contact the aliexpress store I buy these items from and they always help me out if I'm dissatisfied with the product. Whether it be a discount, a free replacement, or significant discounts on future items, etc.

I wouldn't expect warranty or any level of customer service from any of these companies. Especially if you try to contact them directly. They're usually focused on manufacturing and nothing else. That's why they have dealers, so the customers can deal with them instead. I see lots of Hot Racing stuff on Ebay and Aliexpress still, so I would think they're still alive and well. Where did you buy it from? I never even attempted to contact companies like FID, DGI, AreaRC directly. I doubt I would get a response if I did. However, I always contact the aliexpress store I buy these items from and they always help me out if I'm dissatisfied with the product. Whether it be a discount, a free replacement, or significant discounts on future items, etc.
I don’t know what to say. Five emails sent through their website. Message sent on Facebook. They don’t have a phone number! I don’t know what else to try. I will tell people what it’s like to support a company that takes your money and no longer wants to care about a customer. My money will go to other Manufacturers. These guys will never see my money again. I encourage any one to try get ahold of them. Guarantee you won’t be able?

The question has been asked a few times now though. Where did you buy the parts from? Direct from their website or something? If you purchased from a dealer/retailer, you should try to get in touch with them, not the manufacturer.

I guess I have a lot of experience dealing with china manufacturers. I would never even think of contacting any of these companies directly.. eg. Integy, STRC, GPM, Hot Racing, FID/DGI etc. I always deal with the retailer or dealer.

American owned companies like RPM, Castle Creations, Horizon Hobby brands like Spektrum etc have great customer service. I've contacted them directly in the past without issues. I would expect nothing less from companies like that. You just have to accept that from China companies, you either deal with the dealers or nobody at all.

The question has been asked a few times now though. Where did you buy the parts from? Direct from their website or something? If you purchased from a dealer/retailer, you should try to get in touch with them, not the manufacturer.

I guess I have a lot of experience dealing with china manufacturers. I would never even think of contacting any of these companies directly.. eg. Integy, STRC, GPM, Hot Racing, FID/DGI etc. I always deal with the retailer or dealer.

American owned companies like RPM, Castle Creations, Horizon Hobby brands like Spektrum etc have great customer service. I've contacted them directly in the past without issues. I would expect nothing less from companies like that. You just have to accept that from China companies, you either deal with the dealers or nobody at all.
I made what I needed out of aluminum. So it’s working. I’m going to never buy their garbage again.

I made what I needed out of aluminum. So it’s working. I’m going to never buy their garbage again.
But did you try contacting the retailer? Thats the way you will see a resolution. The manufacturer will be much more responsive to the retailer who buys in bulk. Rather than the end user, who bought one. If you bought from a major retailer its a simple problem to fix.

But did you try contacting the retailer? Thats the way you will see a resolution. The manufacturer will be much more responsive to the retailer who buys in bulk. Rather than the end user, who bought one. If you bought from a major retailer its a simple problem to fix.
I did talk to my lhs the parts I needed aren’t available. I assume because there is a problem with the design.
their lack of support isn’t a good long term plan!
what I made is far superior compared to what it was.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks