How do the fg monster truck tires wear?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Damien05

Hey just wondering on how they wear? Im thinking on putting them on my baja 5b but i want to make sure that theyre gonna be a good purchase. Its between the fg tires and hostile mx tires. Any input on wear of the tires would be appreciated.

Hi well i have the fg mt the wheels will last long if you get your self the wheel squares savers and the rubber is cock on to i use the medium and hard fg mt wheels worth the money you pay for them all in all the rubber compound is the best Ive used up to now but the only thing is you will have to keep an eye on the outer rims were the tires are sealed the do have a tendency from coming loos not a lot but make sure you have with you tire glue with ye ok

Hey just wondering on how they wear? Im thinking on putting them on my baja 5b but i want to make sure that theyre gonna be a good purchase. Its between the fg tires and hostile mx tires. Any input on wear of the tires would be appreciated.

I've had mine on pavement and dirt for about 16 gallons, still about 80% tread left!
NewCamera049.jpg

I've had mine on pavement and dirt for about 16 gallons, still about 80% tread left!
NewCamera049.jpg

do you find that the bead comes off alot? Ive had nitro's before and the bead would come off often, so i figured with the bigger and heavyier truck, it would still be prone to, is it? I like the idea of bead locks on my baja, but im still fighting on which ones to get.

They don't wear because they are somewhat hard. That does hamper its traction somewhat. My tires have also not worn much on both tar and grass.
The Hostiles may be a bit softer and give better grip but wear a bit more.
I can only say the FG's don't wear much due to them being a good grade of rubber and a bit hard.:cup-1:

i use medium fg mt wheels on the rear of mine and soft fg mt wheels on the front ive only done 17 tanks on mixed surfaces like road, gravel, sand, hard packet dirt and grass very verym little wear im very impressed witht hem as i know my old hpi baja would of been thru a few stock sets in 17 tanks on the same surfaces

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks