How much do you pay for gasoline/petrol/benzine...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trip

How much for a liter or a gallon, whatever your measurement is in your area/country/state/province/town/gas station, whatever...

I paid $3.04 for a gallon of 87 octane "Gasahol" (15% ethanol, 5% water, 10% rust and 70% gasoline) They call it "Gas" but it's horrible on Neoprene gaskets and seals.

1 liter = 0.264172052 US gallons

1 US dollar = .995 Canadian dollar (that's scary!)
1 US dollar = 0.644890 GBP
1 US dollar = 1.00137 AUD (also scary)

Here is a link for a currency converter. http://www.towerhobbies.com/ucc.html it's pretty handy if I missed something.

So I guess I paid 2.31 euros for a gallon or .609 euros for a liter.

How does that compare to the guys in different countries? I know the US is all about the same, but I heard that England is paying something like 7 US dollars per gallon? Is that right?

ours goes up daily over here mate always going up main reason for getting shot of the v6 quattro could no longer live with under 20 mpg got a mk1 golf gti now and get over 30/35mpg much better not as good as the bug that gets over 40 mins a tank lol shame i cant get me the wife and kid in it

I filled up with diesel this week and it was 129.9p per litre which is £5.89 per UK gallon (or 4.546L) or £4.91 per US gallon (or 3.785L). Converted to US dollars is $9.13 for UK gallon or $7.61 for US gallon. The standard unleaded was 128.9p/L so similar price. On the motorway services I noticed unleaded being as high as 135.9p/L so that would be $9.56 per UK gallon $7.97 per US gallon.

We are being robbed! Fuel duty has just gone up followed by a 2.5% hike in VAT. I think the refineries will be blocked off by the truckers again before long.

Currency conversions were done here

http://www.xe.com/ucc/

Last edited:
That is just ridiculous!

...Apparently someone needs to invade the middle east and actually WIN the war eh? I bet aboo dabiee (or however the hell it's spelled) isn't paying 8 bucks a gallon!

I can't believe the US dollar was surpassed by the Can Dollar! Yikes!

Its $2.99 to $3.05 here for the same blend. Boy I love burning my food in my gas tank!!!:cursing:
Don't you love how fuel can vary from 10-15 cents from day to day....

i think its about £1.30 per litre here at the mo got to get some today at some point great will tell you exactly how much a litre is later when ive been mugged for it

yep here too, down to a nice low cost of 3.09/gal. Fraking legalized and governement sanctioned RAPE if you ask me.

meanwhile, the people in Venizula are paying a whopping .13 cents per gallon.

Our country is just the biggest rip-offs going! As the other lads said its about 1.30 per litre! The thing is our government is always crying poverty and then letting every man and his f'in dog into the country so they can rip us off with their scams! Then when we lend money to other countries we write their debt off and then lend them MORE money that we have to pay for.

To anyone wanting to come to Britain...Free houses,free money,free health care and then you can piss yourself laughing when you have milked the country and f off back home..
BRING BACK GUY FAULKES....
J

Last edited by a moderator:
It currently costs me £65 to tank up, and that only lasts 550 miles (diesel).

For those in the uk, try http://www.petrolprices.com it usualy comes up trumps with the lowest fuel cost in the area.

I ran the numbers, and changing my car from a Petrol 1.4 Fiesta (35mpg) to a 1.6TDCI focus (52mpg) saves me £700 a year (I do about 14,000miles per year), and I save £130 in road tax per year as well. I couldn't afford not to swap my car with that cost saving, but I do miss steering the little festa on the throttle at wet roundabouts.

Our country is just the biggest rip-offs going! As the other lads said its about 1.30 per litre! The thing is our government is always crying poverty and then letting every man and his f'in dog into the country so they can rip us off with their scams! Then when we lend money to other countries we write their debt off and then lend them MORE money that we have to pay for.

To anyone wanting to come to Britain...Free houses,free money,free health care and then you can piss yourself laughing when you have milked the country and f off back home..
BRING BACK GUY FAULKES....
J

I hate to say this Man, but you're now an American! Welcome to the "Free World" but it's only free if you're a foreigner...

(Yes I know you are from the UK, I was just stating the similarities.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate to say this Man, but you're now an American! Welcome to the "Free World" but it's only free if you're a foreigner...

(Yes I know you are from the UK, I was just stating the similarities.)

I know where you are coming from Trip.Its like that here,we pay for all the foreigners too and get screwed ourselves.All government back handers!:mad:
J.

It currently costs me £65 to tank up, and that only lasts 550 miles (diesel).

For those in the uk, try http://www.petrolprices.com it usualy comes up trumps with the lowest fuel cost in the area.

I ran the numbers, and changing my car from a Petrol 1.4 Fiesta (35mpg) to a 1.6TDCI focus (52mpg) saves me £700 a year (I do about 14,000miles per year), and I save £130 in road tax per year as well. I couldn't afford not to swap my car with that cost saving, but I do miss steering the little festa on the throttle at wet roundabouts.

Im doing approx 30k miles a year in an Astra 150 bhp diesel at 48ish mpg. At todays price - 132.9p/L at local garage - Im spending £3776 a year in fuel :mad:

My 94 S10 Blazer gets 18.6mpg avg... Not too bad for 4000 pounds and AWD. Apparently Americans don't need the fuel economy that you guys do, I guess we like to pay stupidity tax!?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks