How much faster is FG 2-Speed on Sportsline08

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iMotionBaja5T

I was thinking about betting a 2-speed conversion but i can't find much information on it.
How much faster does it make your car with stock motor?
What's the gearing on 2-speed?
What's stock gearing?

Thankss

lots of gearing choices. you can make it fast on a tight track, top speed, fast initial and lots of top. just need lots of gears. I use gears very close so it added initial pick up but stock gearing for second gear as that was plenty fast for me. what I like is the one way bearing allows it to roll freer than the direct connection of stock

lots of gearing choices. you can make it fast on a tight track, top speed, fast initial and lots of top. just need lots of gears. I use gears very close so it added initial pick up but stock gearing for second gear as that was plenty fast for me. what I like is the one way bearing allows it to roll freer than the direct connection of stock

Thank you...
You read my mind.. i was wondering if they made a one-way for this car. Do you have a link of where i can order it from?

Whats the highest gear that they make for the Sportsline.
Can i use Stock gear for 1st and the highest one they made for 2nd gear?

I plan on putting in my 26cc head to give me more torque and hopefully a crazy high 2nd gear will give me a higher top speed.

Whats the fasted top speed that someone's taken the Sportsline to?

I think you might be very surprised to see how much the 23cc can give you. I have a few motors laying around for spares and have yet to put the 26cc in it. I've been very satisfied with the 23...

As for the 2 speed. I have it and have mixed feeling about keeping it on. I ran the car this weekend with it on and liked it allot, but the few other times it wasn't suiting me. Maybe it's because it was finally broken in and felt allot smoother.

Chris

I drilled a hole through my carrier and gear like voo said and got from umm sorry brain fart, someone is supposed to get the credit lol... anyway. it's like a smaller scale now. I can fit a wrench in to adjust it without ripping it apart. that was the biggest pain for me.

there are many optional gears. I bought a bunch of gears with my 2spd from mooman, and then bought a ton from largescale rc so I could play around. until I change pipes my first gear stays the same or smaller. 2nd I have room to play. still running my old solo 23 and I love that motor. hasn't had a ton of compression for a long time. still starts 1 or 2 pulls. I learned shifting under power in corners makes it scary and kick out so getting a shift point helps. I have had some problems with the pin inside wearing and even the part that swings out wore rounded. I filed the swinging part to fix and drill out the carrier and use shock mount screws to replace the pin

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks