How much oil does the shocks hold?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I'm going to probably take apart my shocks and rear diff and put new oil in all of them in the next few weeks . Approximent how much oil do the shocks hold . Looks like DDM sells the oil in 60cc bottles or 100 cc bottles . They are presently out of the 100cc bottles.
Looking at the HPI manual if your building the buggy I'm guessing they came with a bottle of 40wt and 5wt 100cc ea. so around 50cc's per shock?
As for the diff that would only be 1 bottle that I need.

Hpi shox oil is petroleum based unlike most other oils(y)...so I've read(y)....and 60 will do 2x rears(y)
u cant use other oil if u've had tbe hpi stuff in ur shoxs as it dose sumin to the seals(y)......so i went with new seals when i changed shox oil(y)
Darksoul seals r the best..(y).and use the AE green slime before u fit them(y)

Last edited:
Hpi shox oil is petroleum based unlike most other oils(y)...so I've read(y)....and 60 will do 2x rears(y)
u cant use other oil if u've had tbe hpi stuff in ur shoxs as it dose sumin to the seals(y)......so i went with new seals when i changed shox oil(y)
Darksoul seals r the best..(y).and use the AE green slime before u fit them(y)

Now you've got me a bit worried . Should I make the assumption that Rovan went with the same oils as HPI since my buggy is a Rovan technically and most of the parts are interchangeable .

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks