How nice, BP cares about the "small people"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin.
Community Leader
capt.5fe287ffd66440a3814642e924f4da37-5fe287ffd66440a3814642e924f4da37-0.jpg

It's so nice to hear that BP cares about us "small people", I mean because it's so obvious with all the progress that's being made nearly 60 days later... :cursing:

BP chairman says company cares about "small people"

WASHINGTON (AFP) – BP chairman Carl-Henric Svanberg said Wednesday the British energy giant cared about the fate of the "small people" hit by the Gulf of Mexico oil spill, vowing to look after all affected.

Emerging from White House talks with President Barack Obama, Svanberg said the British energy giant had "always met our obligations and responsibilities."

"We have made clear from the first moment of this tragedy that we will live up to all our legitimate responsibilities," Svanberg said, adding all claims for compensation would be met "swiftly and fairly."

"We will look after the people affected, and we will repair the damage to this region, the environmental damage to this region and to the economy," he added.

Obama said he had urged the BP bosses to remember when they were meeting in the boardroom to "keep in mind those individuals, that they are desperate, may lose business that have been in their families for two or three generations."

Svanberg agreed, saying: "We care about the small people."

Source: Yahoo

Last edited:
For me I will never go to another BP station for gas or anything,even if it was the last place on earth to get it:mad:F**K them I'd rather walk:mad::mad:

I agree totally, how don't know how those people at BP can sleep at night knowing whats going on. I'm all for oil production because I'm a diesel freak but I can't believe they don't have a better emergency plan for a situtation like this, it breaks my heart to see the damage thats being caused in the Gulf coast and all the people down there that are losing their way of living.

I totaly agree with the company screwup being unacceptable. I mean, how on earth can you let three fallback safety systems fail, and claim that you are responsible and experienced in deep drilling? Complete engineering cock up that should never of happened, all those involved should pay for the cleanup and then pay with their jobs (being an engineer myself I feel well qualified to scowl at them).

I'm equally miffed that BP are taking all the politocal and PR flak for this when there's actualy 3 companies reponsible, all three should take a propper beating for this. I get the stong and uncomfortable feeling that BP are being used as a scape goat by the US senate because the company name implies the problem was caused by a wholy foreign company. BP is actualy about 30% US owned, and 40% UK owned, with the oil from this rig going to teh US!

Either way they need to pull their finger out and properly stop the leak whilst mounting a huge cleanup opperation.

This link shows what they tried and how it failed (and if they had designed it right, it should not have failed)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/us_and_canada/10317116.stm

This link goes to a few general stories about it.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/americas/2010/oil_disaster/default.stm

Oh,before you start slating Britain.BP is BP not British petroleum as the peepeehead thinks with the banner.
It has not been called British Petroleum for over a decade now.
It is a multi national company that is not owned by Britain.
40% of BP's share holders are American.
J.

In all honesty I could care less if that banner read "Micky Mouse polluters" - the facts still remain that the company has done a piss poor job with this disaster and the arrogance at the top level of this company isn't helping their image in the slightest... their most recent comment as posted above clearly shows it.

In all honesty I could care less if that banner read "Micky Mouse polluters" - the facts still remain that the company has done a piss poor job with this disaster and the arrogance at the top level of this company isn't helping their image in the slightest... their most recent comment as posted above clearly shows it.

+1 couldn't agree more:mad:

+2 And before you get your cone up,what was said was not an attack on Britain.It was an attack on a company and its lack of preparation . And asinine comments like [small people] are not endearing them to anyone.

Ignoring lost revenue, does anyone have any idea how much 'lost petrol power time' we will have as a result of this?
Surely this will impact in some respect on the final outcome, once it arrives, of no oil left anywhere ? .....

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks