how stuf works???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Passamal

Hi guys

I have a silly question...

how this engine works??

i mean...

how gas go to carb???

before someone aswer me "thru the fuel line"...

in nitro engines the engine burns the fuel and go out to the pipe, the pipe has a niple that is conected to the fuel tank and pressurize it pushing fuel into the engine...

is it the same on gasoline engines!??

because i see a lot of " venting the fuel tank"...
these 1/5 use fuel pump??

or the engine "suck" in the fuel??

thanks

well kind of. the motor creats a pulse wave of pressure as the crank/piston assembly travels up and down. that pulse wave pushes and pull air thru the pulse port to the carb.

the carbs pulse port then directs the pulse wave to the carbs diaphram pump, which in turn moves back and forth inside the carb. its the diaphram moving back and forth in conjunction with a one way valve on the fuel intake that make the gas pull from the tank to the carb, and the excess fuel not used, be pushed back to the tank via the overflow gas line.

these fuel systems ARE NOT SEALED! the gas tank MUST BE VENTED to allow the tank to not become pressurized or have a vacuum in it due to the movement of the fuel THRU the entire system.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks