How-Team Chase Windows/Panels..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackobyte

I know most have seen my homemade panels etc but thought i'd show you how i made them..

First i purchased sheets of 3mm Coloured Perspex (A4 size) and a sheet of 2mm Lexan (A3 Size)..

Photo-0458-1.gif

Tools i'll be using are:
Dremel with cutting blade
Large Round sanding disc and Small Sanding disc
Clamp and marker..

Photo-0462.gif

I cut out Cardboard into the general shapes of the Panels and window..then marked out the shapes on the Perspex sheets..

Photo-0459.gif
Photo-0460.gif

Once marked out i cut the panels out with the Dremel cutting blade..

Photo-0461.gif
Photo-0463.gif

Next i Sanded the rough edges off the cut out parts and marked where the internal cage frame parts touch the panels and drilled some small holes..

Photo-0464.gif

Once you have them the way you want them all's left to do is Drill holes so you can attach the Windows to the Cage frame with P clips (9.5 / 10mm)

Here are some i made up today..

Photo-0468.gif
Photo-0475.gif
Photo-0471.gif
Photo-0475.gif

What you may need to do is take approx 1 to 2mm off either end of the TC internal frame work so the 2mm panels fit better, its doesn't effect the frame work at all IMO..

I have wrapped my panels with Carbon Effect Vinyl to finish it off..

Photo-0447.gif

My next step now is to figure out what i want to do in the front..i'm thinking of making the front part longer and wider than the TC Cage..just waiting on a new 5T front bumper before i cut the 2mm Lexan to the shape i want..it will then be covered in the Carbon Vinyl..

Photo-0467.gif
Photo-0466.gif
Photo-0465.gif

Fantastic job ... but ....
am I missing the point?

Are you putting windows into a roll cage that goes under a bodyshell ....

Perhaps its me ..

Al.

No mate, won't be running the shell, not many do once they get a TC Cage..saves on damaging a £160 shell, prob use the shell on sand only from now on..

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks