How to de anodize aluminium

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OuttaLuck

There're alot of products out there that will do the job but the best product i found is called alubrite, its actually a aluminium cleaner and deoxidiser so it don't matter how long you leave it on for as it will only clean and deoxidise the metal without corroding.

Make sure you use all the protective gear saftey glasses and rubber gloves ect as it can be nasty stuff but not as nasty as some of the other products people are using

Aluminium cleaner deoxidiser
IMG_1275.jpg

Put the parts in a plastic tub /bucket and use just enough deoxidiser to cover the parts you can dilute the deoxidiser depender how fast you want the parts stripped. i used 90-95% strength.
IMG_1270.jpg

After 2 minutes
IMG_1273.jpg

After 10-15 minutes you can see its totally deoxidised turning white now its time to rinse it off with water
IMG_1279.jpg

After a rinse off with water, no scrubbing required at all through the whole process
IMG_1280.jpg

After a hand polish using a metal polish (Autosole)
IMG_1284.jpg

This whole process took me around 45minutes from start to finish

Troy

A lot of the French guys at the European championships last week has anodized all there alloy parts on their FG Leopards and while it's not something I'd do, they did look kinda cool.

A lot of the French guys at the European championships last week has anodized all there alloy parts on their FG Leopards and while it's not something I'd do, they did look kinda cool.

get on it mike i bet your leo would look proper anodized in pink lol

im planning on anodizing my on roads alloy in black with polished edges just got to get the gear

Always ensure you either wear gloves, or that you thoroughly wash all exposed skin and soak it well afterwards.
That initial product contains NH4.HF.F - ammonium hydrogen bi-fluoride.
When you hydrolyse it in water, you will create some hydrofluoric acid - not nice stuff, and combined with the sulphuric as well .... a pretty nasty concoction.
Al.

If you deanodize all aluminum parts do the get that shinny as in the pics or were those polished also. Im thinking I want to make my km baja into a bling machine. You know how shinnystuff make everything faster.lol

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks