How To Dual Servo Setup?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am just wondering how everyone sets up their dual servo set ups.I have looked for a video on how to set them up and to my surprise there really aren't any.I have read of two ways to set them up.The first being that you split them up into one channel and power them up to make sure they are centered and then install the servo arms/horns to make sure they are both even and straight.

The second is using two individual channels to be able to adjust the trims or endpoints individually.

I am guessing the single channel option is what everyone prefers since using an extra channel for the second servo is a bit harder to do especially with the limited number of channels on the available Rx's

How do you guys recommend doing this and if you have any videos on how to do it please post them up.Thanks

I haven't heard of one person on this forum that toasted a dual servo setup. Some like Doug runs each servo to their own channel and some like me use a Y harness to 1 channel. Then you have the wee bit of people that use the special bypass harness posted earlier. No smoke as far as I know. I thought we already discussed this in your other thread ?

Last edited:
I haven't heard of one person on this forum that toasted a dual servo setup. Some like Doug runs each servo to their own channel and some like me use a Y harness to 1 channel. Then you have the wee bit of people that use the special bypass harness posted earlier. No smoke as far as I know. I thought we already discussed this in your other thread ?
×1??

Hes the main reason I never got one. Honestly mate, it's not a huge deal, more so getting the drag link centered properly would be the big challenge to me. After that give it a test and see if theres any binding noise before hooking them up to the actual steering. If none, then I'd say your gtg. Im.not a personal fan of slaving a servo to another channel, although it does work.

I have all the parts.I was asking as far as setting them up so one isn't fighting the other like how do I make sure they both are centered properly and moving in unison?Sorry for not being clearer.
Hmm, not sure. The mtxl has a adjustable horn. Do you have one? Other than that set horns on but don't attach them together. Turn on rc to center servos. Clamp down, make sure end points match. That should cover you. No idea about any programming if thats what you're after.

In case you didnt see in the pics, the one servo horn has, for lack of a better term. An adjuster built in. So it doenst matter if you need a half tooth to sync the servos up. I actually never thought of that kit. Good thing everyone chimes in, get all the good ideas.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks