How to install a Hitec HS 5745 MG Servo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigger the Better

LSF Plus Member
PLUS member
Here is a bit of information for those who may be thinking of changing your stock HPI servo to the Hitec HS-5745-MG servo.

First you need two more screws to attach the adapter that came stock with the Baja. You will find the info in your owners manual. (5B - pg.48)

DSC05176.jpg

You attach the adapter to the side with the center fitting on the servo holder. Do not tighten them yet.

DSC05177.jpg
DSC05178.jpg

Then remove the opposite side servo mounts on the servo holder. I used a red hot blade to melt them off.

DSC05181.jpg
DSC05182.jpg
DSC05183.jpg

Install the servo and adjust the adapter to work with your servo holes. Now tighten them. You may want to attach the opposite screws 1st so the servo cannot move when tightening the adapter. Wallah. done.

DSC05187.jpg
DSC05189.jpg
DSC05190.jpg

I did not like the stock screws and they seemed not to bite like they should (Felt stripped) so I used longer nuts and bolts to insure it could not move.

DSC05191.jpg
DSC05192.jpg

Major difference from stock!:cool2::)

Here is TFE's video: http://www.bajaplanet.com/baja-mech...ftermarket-servo-such-as-the-rhino-or-hitech/

Last edited:
some great info.

i have a bit more to add.

Im using the Rhino and 5755 in my bajas, and the PA Racing Mount and the Red Baja/Rhino servo horn.

I have noticed, as many others have, issues when turning right. I believe i have solved said issue.

When installin the smaller 1/4scale servo for steering Such as the Rhino, or Hitec 5745, or 5755, all known instructions say to mount the adapter to the Gas Cap side of the radio box.

I have found doing this, moves the drive gear more towards the right hand side of the buggy, which in turn, can cause the steering linkage end ball to hit the top brace in its arc to the clutch side of the buggy. also due to the centerline being moved, the turn left has to nearly be horizontal to induce full left steering.

To fix this issue, install all adapters to the clutch side (left side from forward view) of the radio box. with the PA racing mount, install the wide side to the clutch side and the thin to the gascap side. this shifts the drive gear back toward the center of the radio box. which now allows the horn to move fully to the right without the ball end of the steering linkage hitting the top plate limiting travel, (turning radius) to the right.

this also corrects the left steering as the horn no long needs to go near horizontal to achieve full left turning radius.

i always wondered if that shift from using the adapters on the gas cap side was causing this issue, and it certainly appears that is the case.

So put all adapters to the left side of the radio box (from front view) and reset all your Tx settings, and you too can enjoy excellent steering again.

no, but it should work just fine. most AMS stuff is of great to high quality, so i suspect its a nice piece.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks