HOW TO SET UP CABLE FRONT BRAKES

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MARLEY76

hi guys anyone know how to set up front cable brakes. ive a fg clone .... cant seem to get them to bite n stop the wheels ..any step / step intructions or pictures of it being done.. apprecite it guys.. thanks

Very simply:
  1. Servo must be mounted on a solid platform - some plates bend easily.
  2. Servo must be strong.
  3. BYPASS the Rx and get a direct power supply to the servo if necessary.
  4. Ensure the brakes / cables operate properly.
  5. Ensure the top and bottom bolts are even - not diagonal (bias top or bottom of pad).
  6. Ensure disc is straight and true - no wobbles.
  7. Tighten little-by-little with servo at zero / rest point until pad just holds.
  8. Loosen 'a fraction' - remember throttle works against the brake so a little 'drag brake' might be a nice idea.
Enjoy.

YOU WILL need to adjust regularly, as the pads wear.

Al.

nice one atom3624. nice clear intructions . didnt realise till after i posted this post. that its sort of been coverd several times before on here.tbh my servo isnt the best for front brakes. ive a savox 40g on steering and hitech 645mg on throttle/brake .. so going to order a hitech 645mg for the front brakes after xmas. thanks for your time to write down this . and merry xmas m8 have a nice one ...

No worries and likewise!!
I remember setting up my MT - not the easiest but once you get it sorted, you have it sorted - if you know what I mean.
Some replace the rear diff brake with the optional hydro - on offer from time-to-time at Hobbythek - normally drop the price quite a lot so worth looking out for.

Al.

Additional question. How important are the C clips that are supposed to be fitted in the slot of the alloy wheel hub thingy. My logic is that the disk is already held in place within the caliper s there is no where that it could come out however with that clip in place “maybe” the disk run more “true”?
But for the hell of me I can’t get them on and no I don’t have a sir clip pliers.
Cheers

You should have the squares with the indents for the C-clips and whilst the calipers might align the discs to some extent, they don't 'float' like 1:1 discs do - yes they are important but it may need you to change the wheel squares for ones with the indents in if you don't have them.

Al.

All ways in the ball AL. Yes I have the squares with the indents. I just don’t know how to get them on without purchasing a C plyers

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks