Hows this for a bit of luck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sperera

Noticed a bit of slop on my diff gear in the FG MT (the one that mounts around the diff) so decided to take it out last night and see whats going on.

There are 4 screws that hold the diff gear to the diff which also holds the diff cover to the diff housing. Out of the 4 screws only 1 was on it. To my amazement the other 3 screws were sitting in the chassis next to the diff! don't know how these didnt get flung out as I was doing full noise but only less thing for me to buy!

All back together with some locktite. :)

yup ive got some nice chucks out of the plastic diff housing, guess ill be looking for a alloy one soon, took it out last night and going good so no rush.

one problem xrc avnt got is a dodgy diff, slap a plate across the top an it will last forever, its everything around it that needs rebuilding, loctite an alloys the way 2 go

yeah I always use red when going alloy to alloy, blue for any plastic bits.

except the wheel squares, even when using red the wheel screws grub screws come out after 4+ tanks.

im not a fan of of the wheel squares.

if you want some serious strong locking, try Loctite 270 or 271, aka Green studlock. You'll probably have issues undoing the grubs (only solution is to heat them to about 100C to decompose the adhesive)

i used red thread on my baja wheel nuts cos i ,am sick of the rear wheels coming off, never again when it came to taking wheels off the nuts were stuck solid, so got a 9 inch ajustable spanner on them, while trying to get them off the spanner slip,d spun in the air a hit me on the forhead ouch:clown::clown::clown::clown:

Last edited:
i used red thread on my baja wheel nuts cos i as sick of the rear wheels coming off, never again when it came to taking wheels off the nuts were stuck solid, so got a 9 inch ajustable spanner on them, while trying to get them off the spanner slip,d spun in the air a hit me on the forhead ouch:clown::clown::clown::clown:

fpmsl :lol::clown::clown::lol:

damn thats gotta hurt.

I aint going near the green stuff LOL. those grubs are too easy to round, ill just have to check them after every run to make sure all is good.

Does anyone know if you can use the wheel blocks with the pins? Seems like they would hold better/not round off as easy with the extra grab of the pins....

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks