HPI 5B engine break-in?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fox monster

Ok guys i am new here because the company that i got my 5b said to join here for questions and what not. i just got my first HPI 5B with a 30.5cc motor and its all brand new. was wondering if there is a break in steps to take and the steering seems a little slow even tho battery is completely charged. I would like as much help as possible and advise from 5b owners or even 5t owners on what a good steering servo would be for it to turn a little faster. Please post your guys replies here or even message me could use all the help i could get. thanks guys. :)

You can probably ask ten people their break-in process and get ten or more different ways. That said a process that's worked well for me is starting the engine and running it idle until it reaches around 170 degrees then turning it off to a complete cool down. I do this at least twice.

After that the the first tank run is mild driving while not going over half throttle. The second tank is pretty much the same with spurts of full throttle. By the time you hit the third tank you're ready to rip it up!

A good steering servo upgrade would be either the Hitech 5755 or the HPI SFL-30MG.

I always do as voo says, check his cars out on the tube mate, I saw them in the flesh and they went like poop of a shovel :)

;) If it ain't broke, bash it till it is ;)

well thanks for all the answers and what not. sorry been a while been busy at work. now heres my big question my battery don't last long in the 5b and takes for ever to charge. what yall think would be a good lipo to put in it to run everything?

well thanks for all the answers and what not. sorry been a while been busy at work. now heres my big question my battery don't last long in the 5b and takes for ever to charge. what yall think would be a good lipo to put in it to run everything?

I bought a couple of DDM's 5000 and im still on my first.Excellent batteries.
J

BE CAREFUL if you want to use LiPo.
Check that your Rx and servos can take the higher voltage, or you'll need a voltage regulator.
Most can take 2S LiPo, but there are still some older style, still excellent servos (older Rhino for example) that cannot.

YOU CAN get LiFe batteries - these are fine. I run a 2S LiFe. 6.6V.

Al.

Really?? It takes forever to charge? That sounds like you might want to get a better charger to me. Also, you don't really have to go LiPo to get a good battery. I like the 5000mAh NiMh batteries. I feel safer using them because I charge my RX battery without removing it from the reciever box. Normally, I wouldn't worry about that, but when it gets really hot (110+F), I would start to worry about it.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks